DIY Light Controller

$50 +/- a couple bucks and you can see/control your room/lights.

Packard C230B 2 Pole 30 Amp Contactor, 120 Voltage Coil Amazon.com

KMC Smart Plug,WiFi Mini Outlet 4 Pack, Compatible with Alexa, Google Assistant and IFTTT, Compatible with Smart Life APP, No Hub Required, Remote Control Your Devices from Anywhere, ETL Listed Amazon.com

TETHYS Wireless Security Camera 1080P Indoor [Work with Alexa] Pan/Tilt WiFi Smart IP Camera Dome Surveillance System w/Night Vision,Motion Detection,2-Way Audio,Cloud for Home,Business, Baby Monitor Amazon.com

1 Like

Since my cable/internet provider svcks donkey balls, what happens when your internet goes out and your rooms all set up by wifi?

This is another reason why I hand water vs setting up a watering system.

1 Like

They stay on their schedule that you set up. I have one place on a wifi hotspot that sucks Donkey D also. :rofl::rofl::rofl: If you look at that pic of the smart plugs I posted up top you can see on the right they are all offline. :man_facepalming:t2: I am switching to this hotspot unit that has ports for 4g antennas that I can put on the roof.

NETGEAR Nighthawk M1 Mobile Hotspot 4G LTE Router MR1100 - Up to 1Gbps Download Speed | WiFi Connect Up to 20 Devices | Create A WLAN Anywhere | Unlocked to Use Any Sim Card https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07G5KWZ3H/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_pQzuEbAVBRDNH

TS9 Connector Antenna 7DBi High Gain 4G LTE CPRS GSM 3G 2.4G WCDMA Omni Directional Antenna with Magnetic Stand Base 5m RG174 Extension Cable for WiFi Router Mobile Broadband Outdoor Signal Booster Amazon.com

We have power outages at least 4x a yr. With that comes no internet. This is due to power lines above ground and a shit infrastructure.

1 Like

Gotta love the mitten, though I will say after they trimmed the trees in town a few years back, I haven’t lost power…

I almost dropped 9k on a back up gen at my grow spot.

If you decide to do it let me know, I’d be down to help on the install, you’re not that far away

1 Like

If it’s that bad then go for it. All you need to do is set up a switch box and it will come on automatically when the power goes off. I scored a nice one in Nor Cal for 10k right before the snow storm last year. It came in clutch when the rest of the town didnt have power for a week.

2 Likes