DIY Inexpensive Chiller

Got a make and model number?

Any way you could post more detailed instructions, I’ve never really worked with taking apart AC’s or other HVAC gear, worked with lots of other stuff though. This looks like you might know how to do it from start to finish

Are you just looking to use a window unit to make a chiller?

If so, it’s pretty easy and there’s a ton of information already out there.

Google diy ac chiller and there’s tons of vids and walk throughs already.

5 Likes

i have been, its fairly vague like these instructions

Dunno what to tell you bud, if you need instructions on how to take screws out and bend copper pipe I can’t help ya.

With your shit attitude, good luck getting help.

Edit: it literally took me 15 minutes to build mine. You’re an absolute moron if you need help with this.

10 Likes

have you looked at
Suggestions for diy glycol chiller fluid? (posted upthread) or Chiller Hack (DIY)

followed all the relevant links in those two?

if you need a better write up, you could always pay someone to create one.

2 Likes

I just posted pics and an explanation of my build. The idea is simply get the radiator part of an air conditioner to sit inside some kind of container with fluid. How big is up to you, design a build around that.

3 Likes

maybe check out @Eastcoaststrange’s recent write up…

here are two methods to find that thread 1 & 2

4 Likes

Absolutely incredible what you guys come up with.

2 Likes

GOD, I so want to say something (That would go over fine in person), but I can’t because PC and shit… I’ll save it until we all meet…

1 Like

Some mad scientist here no doubt

I am trying to learn everything before doing it because it costs more when things break and then you have to replace them. I’m here for knowledge your shit attitude is the one here shaming others for asking questions.

If you don’t put in the fucking work to find out for yourself, I’m gonna shame you. Derp.

It take 5 minutes of using Google to find the answers to the questions he had. This is not some forum where noobs come to ask for hand outs for free.

Read, and read some more before posting a simple ass question, most likely it’s already been answered here or elsewhere numerous times.

So take your entitled attitude and stuff it.

You should be shamed if you haven’t done your homework and ask the community for free help.

2 Likes

Entitled? nobody is acting entitled but you. thinking everyone needs to be at your level, and then putting others down because of it. But please continue to freak out and insult people so you feel better about other shortcomings.

If the information on this site isnt already enough for you to build your window unit chiller…budget cannabis extraction may not be for you @Ljohnso16

9 Likes

Guys, relax. We sometimes forget that a lot of things are not so fundamentally simple to people that never fucked with it. And while yes you need to be willing to research and learn in your own, isn’t asking questions part of research and learning? Ive asked some incredibly stupid question many times, and was fortunate enough to have someone give me a good answer for assistance. I would then start conversing with that person if they were still kind enough to give me their time when I needed it which helps me not only learn but build relationships with people. Quit shitting on the guy so harshly :joy:

While I agree, spoon fed answers aren’t always the way, if you have any questions dude I’ll do my best to assist.

6 Likes

Um no. Read, read, read, and level up. It’s like being in school again. No iv bags or spoons any more for 2021!

8 Likes

Lmao, I’m a small timer. My ‘level’ is a lot lower than you must think it is.

I do this for fun, one tiny qp at a time. But I’ve done my homework and know the fundamentals of things.

You should too before you run any kind of extraction. Especially the size of the units people run now.

6 Likes

I guess… anyways, as I said. If you have any pressing questions about your ac build, shoot me a message I’ll be glad to help

4 Likes

Was thinking abaut turning this water cooled 50800btu air conditioner into low temp chiller for solvent recovery does anyone know how low of temperature it would go down to ? Is it a good donor for diy cooler ?! Thank u in advance image|375x500