DIY Cat/Pet Tincture Recipe Questions

thanks for the shout out

1 Like

Little update on the situation.

I found a syringe I got from a customer about a year ago labeled “Full Spec CBD/MCT 250mg”
Since I’ve been a little tight on cash I said fuck it I’ll try this for now on some of his treats. I weighed out 0.1g of the CBD/MCT on a piece of parchment and scoop off a ~1/8th portion (should equal around 4-6mg) with a dab tool and put it on one of his treats. Been doing this twice a day for the past 10 days and he’s only had 2 seizures since. Previous to CBD he was seizing 1-3 times a day and only getting worse it seemed. I honestly was super skeptical that it was gonna work at all but this is just making me more of a believer in the powers of this plant we use.
Now I gotta just source some small volume “full spec” disty and make a more accurate tincture for easier dosing.
Thanks to everyone who’s contributed to this thread so far.

3 Likes

i have been treating my 2 dogs for about a year now. My 11 yo Yorkie has a lame hip. I give him hemp oil daily. He responded better to Hemp seed oil than CBD oil. My other dog is 17 yo Chihuahua, has an issue with his throat. I give him CBD oil that I make with isolate/mct oil. Couldn’t get by without it. He’s 17, so he’s fragile. I mix 333mg/30ml. I use a magnetic stirrer, no homogenizer required. If you can’t find a small amount of cbd distillate, DM me.

2 Likes

I was going to ask after about a month or so how the little kitty was doing. But after 10 days you are already seeing an improvement? That’s amazing!
Any other side effects(neg/pos) that you have noticed?
Is there much of a struggle giving a medicated treat?

1 Like

I already had these soft-ish salmon treats he loves so I just poke a little hole in it and put the little dab in there and he eats it no problem. The improvements almost showed overnight. After first starting to give it to him he didn’t have a seizure for 48 hours. Then the one he did have was much more mild than his previous ones. Then another 48 hours or so and he had another. If my memory is correct that was on Sunday and he hasn’t had one since so the results have been pretty remarkable.
No other side effects seem too glaring. If anything there seems to be an improvement in his energy and temperament.

2 Likes

Hey @yorkshire,
Do you know what ailment the ol boy has that you treat with cbd?
What dosage do you administer? Has dosage increased over time or did it plateau?

The old Chihuahua has an issue with his throat which is endemic to Chihuahua’s. He starts coughing, and gagging, throws up a little in his mouth or on the floor. The CBD I think acts as an anti-inflammatory. Whatever it is, the CBD stops him from gagging all day. It’s a very noticeable change. He also gets real mellow. I mean he’s 17, so he sleeps most of the day. Or he gets in a trance staring at the wall, eyes wide open, but no ones home. I give him 10mg/day with MCT. I give it to my Yorkie also.