Distilling Rosin? Yeah?

Hey

Don’t know where you’re from.

And I’m sure it’s been said before.

But I can almost guarantee you’ll make more money selling that rosin than you would distilling it.

I got about a 50% return on my rosin distilling.

Even cheap rosin sells (locally) for $5-6/g. Distillate sells for $8-9. (I’m in Canada).

But chances are you’ll make more $$ just selling your stuff straight up.

3 Likes

My tek uses butane :joy::joy::joy:

1 Like

Maybe. I don’t know anybody that will buy rosin anymore

2 Likes

I was still planning on washing the leftover rosin cakes and combining the leftover extracts with the rosin material before distilling to get that extra bit you lose to rosin extracting. Still not economic? Just wondering.

1 Like

Lots to factor in. If you already have the extra extracting and solvent remediation equipment. Then yah absolutely hit that post extracted rosin material with some ethanol or whatever.

But if you already have that equipment and you just wanna make distillate. Then, like some others said, just extract with ethanol to begin with.

If your market wants to buy rosin. Make & sell rosin. If your market says distillate, then specialize in that, and be the most efficient distillate maker (i.e. switch to another extraction method)

3 Likes
2 Likes

This thread should be renamed “you can lead the horse to water, but can’t make it drink it”
:joy::rofl::joy:

9 Likes

Slap a sticker and call it solventless I bet that horse will drink. Oh wait water is a solvent

4 Likes

It’s all about the technical definitions. This one company blocked me on ig cause they are looking all high and mighty saying they don’t cut their carts. They use botanical terps and I asked why not use cannabis derived terps. Why use terpene cut. Essentially botanical terps are terpene cut. Lol.

Blocked. Technical definitions :joy::rofl::joy:

6 Likes

Its the year 2032. Cocaine has now been legalized and companies are lining up to get their SOP’s in order. SMile high is pumping out kilos meanwhile Johnny buttsniffer is making craft solventless yola

9 Likes

WHAT would solventless coke smell like :rofl::joy::sob:

6 Likes

Sure as hell not gasoline

2 Likes

I love this thread :fire::fire::fire:

2 Likes

Wow only 5-7% return on converting hash to rosin that sucks. If I’m using the shittiest of shit starting material I usually get a 35-45% return and 50-65% return on the premium stuff.

You do know theirs a website for your Butt sniffing fantasy

1 Like

They are saying when you use fresh frozen material, you end up with 5-7% return in oil from biomass

Google solvent-less Thca and you will see that if you do your steps correctly what you end up with in your bag will be pure Thca. It takes squishing to the next level and does have a spot in the cart game. You see when I threw out the word solvent-less and clean I was shacking the tree to see what would fall out you know having fun with the community.

Now as I have found out buying top shelf hash in my area isnt going to happen as the last deal I ended up with 13 grams of what I call trash hash but I have cleaned it up and now its dab worthy. As far as my experiments I will have to wait for a dispensary to open up so I can have Top Shelf starting material. I also should have my grow room put to gather in the next couple of weeks and the saga continues:sunglasses:

2 Likes

You need to lay down the crack pipe. That is not what Thetetraguy said.

Any chance you’re in the North East? If so, we should do thangs :call_me_hand:

1 Like

Then how about quoting him when you make that comment instead of making a blank statement. Or better yet let’s have him clarify @Thetetraguy

This thread is about distilling rosin. It’s a lot of work for low quantity. I don’t understand why you would want to push solventless propaganda to consumers when there are clean ways to do chemical extraction. Chemical extraction is better end of story.

I will make sure the consumer knows that rosin is hippie nonsense

7 Likes

@Apothecary36 something I’ve noticed with rosin hippie hype, they are also the ones spewing conspiracy theories and anti-vaccine bullshit. Also very stubborn about the whole no solvents and how butane is bad for you. These same people will also torch a bowl with a lighter for 3-5 seconds and think that’s safe but taking a dab of a concentrate with less than 100ppm is going to kill you.

At the end of the day couldn’t you bubble bag hash collect the sauce. Then press out the terps and collect thca. Or do the jar tech and grow diamonds. Once you have thca decarb and use that for your carts. Cut with terp sauce that you separated the thca for full spectrum flavor

6 Likes