Distilling D8

Summit shorty 55 head and 22l flask. Adding valve and swing arm (or second valve) dunno which yet.

2 Likes

Swing arms are nice. Was looking into getting one myself

2 Likes

Nice!

Love our BR- itā€™s in reflux mode here

7 Likes

Sweeeeeeet

1 Like

Yeah, Started on a USA Labs 5L so we had the fundamentals going into the upgrade. Also have the 20L mantle- works nice for doing all day runs- can fire it up at 8am and have 10kg of really nice stuff by later afternoon- want to get the automatic carousel with the ip cam to do cuts from my office lol

5 Likes

Thatā€™s pretty sharp!

2 Likes

You guys have any isomerization issues when distilling large batches?

1 Like

Havenā€™t made the jump yet

Those are reallyyyy hot temps for d8?
Like the hottest temp I hit through my whole run is like 170-175 but we use citric acid

2 Likes

How do u approach the method with citric? Can you share? In the pot or react and wash? What ratios do u use @Siosis?

Yeahā€¦ I was thinking it would run like a 3rd pass disty since we started from isolate.

Still working on the parameters. Next batch running slower. Also running the FF now so thatā€™ll help. Just unsure of how the distilling would be since itā€™s been altered.

1 Like

Unfortunately Iā€™m under NDA so I canā€™t really talk about it much.

It was pioneered (is that the right word? ) by @JedClampet Maybe you can go through his posts, and find it. I promise you itā€™s there
Edit: Please tell me Iā€™m remembering this correctly someone

1 Like

He was trying using h2o. I assume @Siosis is using an alkane. A very nice person sent me the info I needed. Thanks for replying @Capttripppp!

4 Likes

You use bothšŸ˜‰

2 Likes

Howā€™d the CoA turn out? How much d9 did you end up with?

Total shitā€¦ lol

85% THC total (65%D9 20% D8 7% CBD.

Didnā€™t reflux long enough. Switched up my method for tomorrowā€™s run. Had problems with distilling it at first, but bought a fraction finder and been dialing it in to help.

Even for screwing up, Iā€™m still at 92% TAC which Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll be able to clean up better with the next distillation.

Just gotta reflux longer

3 Likes

Keeping that ā€œsampleā€ for myself. :grin:

3 Likes

You are in fact likely at 100% TAC no matter the advancement of your reaction, but you just donā€™t know about the unknowns.

5 Likes

Exactly. Distilling D8 is a whole new monster for me.

1 Like