Distilling D8

When distilling D8, what the hell are the parameters for the difference between heads, body, and tails?

Shits all clear! :joy::rofl::joy:

6 Likes

Temperatures are your best friend to finding the clear wast fraction before and after the body.

3 Likes

Dont forget vacuum too. (other best friend)

4 Likes

I didn’t pull anything (other then left over heptane) till 189 vape temp and 210 mantle temp. Maintained 50 micron (with the typical fluctuations) but nothing like regular distilling. Understanding I’m starting with isolate so it’s gonna act more like a 3rd pass, but FFS.

Shit was bananas.

Temp and microns never really shifted once the fluid flowed.

19 Likes

Looks great @HeisenbergInd! What method did you use for it?

1 Like

Phosphoric acid.

Easy enough. React long. I can’t stress that enough. I ran 4 hours per kilo, per @Roguelab advice. And wash the shit outta of it! Get the water that elutes to read 7.0 - 7.1 for 2 regular washes. I’m finding distilled won’t cut it. Most is 6.5. I made mine 7.0 and no heat degradation (even with a heat gun). Just used that little trick today after getting consistent rose color (still pretty).

All and all, pretty happy with it

17 Likes

Bought a Fraction Finder and going to work the numbers to see if I can find any distinction with a D8 peak for us hobbyists :wink:

No peaks till the end (which I’m calling tails). But funny, no heads.

7 Likes

How much D9 did this run create?

2 Likes

It was just sent out for testing about an hour ago

6 Likes

Keep us posted :pray:

1 Like

Here was the days before run I did with a buddy of mines isolate he had brought back from the west coast.

22 Likes

Excellent! What strength phosphoric you use @HeisenbergInd? What ratio? I have a fraction finder too! Can we see your still setup?!

1 Like

85%

That’s just my still. My Frankenstein lol

22 Likes

Thanks! Super clean setup! How’s that stopcock hold up for ya?

5 Likes

Been using it over a year and no issues… have them on all 3 of my stills

1 Like

I think once I get my results back, I’ll send a sample off to @kcalabs for a comparison. Just want to see how close my conversion was with this new method

4 Likes

Your Frankenstein looks great, mine’s bent all out of shape until I get my new setup next week.

1 Like

What vacuum pump is that?

1 Like

I prefer to “monster” most of my systems. Makes em unique.

Whatcha gettin?

Edwards E2M30

1 Like