Distilling CBG in a wiped film

Are you not experiencing any conversion to CBD at higher temp?

This is an unfounded fear. Unless you are doing something very unusual, I haven’t seen it happen at my or any other facility I’ve helped or been to.

1 Like

You go 180C on the evaporator with CBG as well? I plan to run some CBG crude in my wiped film next week. I’ve been reading about the potential crystallization issues, and I’ve been wondering if I need to run my evaporator cooler since the boiling point is so low. Seems like you are running similar or same as CBD parameters?

you dont need to go that high I was doing experiments on other things, but even at those temps no conversion was ever seen. Also, everyone should note that in most places the value given for the B.P. of CBG seems to be in fact the m.p. or just a copied misprint. I find most charts that include CBG to be highly questionable compared to my own data on CBG distillation UNDER VACUUM at higher temps than are listed in most charts on cannabinoid BPs at atmosphere.

secondly, a little heat will keep the CBG distillate from crystallizing thats all you need. Pay attention to tight lines or small diameter flow areas.

2 Likes

I’ve been processing cryo ethanol extracted CBG on a 4” WFE, we have discharge pumps so we collect directly into a container. If suggest wrapping heat tracing tape around your collection flask at a low setting. For parameters, for a ~50% yield, we Tun out internal condenser somewhere between 50-58C and still body at 180-190C. Im really late in replying to this, and it’s possible you have figure it out.