Distilled Water

Can anyone recommend a good water distillation system? I need 500 gallons per day. Will an RO system or water softener work for Brine water?
Thanks

Ro,just fine!

1 Like

Thank you. Any preferred brand of equipment?

This is what I use.

1 Like

yea i used RO for my grows for a long time and you can accomplish this pretty easily. If its legit brine not just slightly salty then you might need to replace filters more often.

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Thanks. I’m going to use it for water only to then make the brine.

1 Like

makes more sense

He is referring to water that will be used to create a brine. Not filtration of a brine.

I got it now, im just use to people referring to making brine I thought he would have said saline or something.

yes

4 Likes

Hydrologic has a 1000gpd system that works well.

thats only for natural water if you look a recipe for saline they make it a .9 percent salt to h2o which would be 90 ppt

how good a RO system do one need ?

is a 5 stage like this preferaable?

kinda the best deal i been able to find that ship to my country and without Remineralization but sure alot more options in the fewer stages.

definitely dont got more to spend than this below cost.

abit clueless here and spend to much time thinking wich one

https://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Stage-Reverse-Osmosis-System-Domestic-RO-Unit-with-Booster-Pump-Finerfilters/233345836360?hash=item36547ee548:g:DUQAAOSwK4hdiL~i

1 Like

RO is RO, only difference in systems is GPH and waste water ratio.

3 Likes

Id put two membranes inline. Feed the waste stream of the first membrane into a second to further reduce ur waste and increase filtering effeciency. Put 3 inline filters before the RO. One twine, one paperlike and last one carbon. Youll want to flush and rinse the twine and paper one sorta often or just replace.
Make sure u get the appropriate flow reducers for the membranes u have and auto shut off valves are pretty neat

3 Likes

how do i interpret RO is RO with the many diffrent stages/type of filters. properly been my issue till now of deciding wich one to get, im guessing the more stages, the nicer’errrrrR its gets exept the remineralization one wich we wanna stay away from i guess.

i wanna use it for brine wash and my rotovape, nothing else and im a small producer… that is when sometime get around to produce anything.

@Thetetraguy im kinda crinching of every new step a unit/process has cause i just dont have the hands on experience in much of anything i needed to do till now lol,

Apreciaate the advise and youre one i always i hope i get some from, have no idea to configurate it in my head hehe with inline filters so forth, guessing that will be a add on, on another point in time when i also need one for growing.

this sorta ting, before the RO system?

1 inline sedimentfilter 5µ and 1 inline carbon filter 5µ

1 Like

Easy, RO stands for reverse osmosis. If you put a calibrated TDS meter in RO filtered water it should read 0 ppm. If you can do it with one stage or you need 10, RO is RO at the end of the day.

1 Like