distillation head

5L,10L,20L. distillation head

12 Likes

What does the silvering help with ?

1 Like

the silvering helps keep in thermal radiation, youll notice on some of them, the bottom vacuum jacket is only silvered, this is to create a delta between the vapor tube and the condensate collector up top. the silver part is always hotter than the unsilvered part.

1 Like

It’s like summit and lab society had a baby. One that neither wanted

7 Likes

Lolol

So this makes for a faster head or?

I just hope it’s not made with mercury or any other heavy metalz like Lanphan did…

2 Likes

Whaaat. How did we miss that? Have anymore info?

1 Like

Say what?

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy: someone is having a nightmare tonight :joy::joy::joy:
Well done @david

4 Likes

How much are these heads

1 Like

Awesome work @david. Always a pleasure to see your work. Keep offering us competitive glass at fair prices. Good job!!

6 Likes

Looks nice, too bad the condenser joint is 24/40. That strangles speed plus everyone uses 29/42 joints, pretty much.

@david If you are making these I’d advise you to change that joint to 29/42. If you are able to please dm me so we can discuss things.

1 Like

@david will custom make it with any joint you want. I had my whole 2l wide bore done with 29/42 joints at no addition costs.

I’ve heard people here going as big as 45/50 on bigger heads.

7 Likes

Hmmmm, i kinda want 34/45 from bf joint to condenser joint, but the joints after that connection would still be 29/42, so that might make that idea useless. Or maybe not. Hmmmm.

How much david, for the 10l?

That’s pretty close to the diameter of a KF-25 fitting so that would be bad ass…when’s kf-40 going to become the standard in vacuum fittings lol

1 Like

I bought David distillation head ,in 45/50 I run 5l set up , nice work ,no leaks ,and very fast head . He stands behind his work.

3 Likes