Distillate sucked the yellow off of clear silicone mat should I toss it?

Had a jar with a lot of distillate around the inside and popped it in oven on 180 with a silicone baking sheet under it to catch it all pulled the little slab off after cooling to see that the area where the distillate was is a lot brighter like it had been cleaned it’s like it removed the yellow where it had oxidized so is it trash now?

Next time use parchment paper or the Cart farm FEP workspace

I’d chalk it up to learning and move on with parchment.

4 Likes

Definitely don’t smoke it, or sell it to people.

Eating it would probably be the same level of plastic consumption as the average American gets from our plasticized food transportation/delivery system. I wouldn’t eat it myself, but I know plenty of people that would…

7 Likes

Whats the harm in a little bit of plastic?

1 Like

There’s people who ate plastic as a kid and lived to ripe old age nonetheless… I mean I’d rather do this then literally dab off silicone with a dab wand like i have seen some heads do (ew!)

4 Likes

Simply put, ya can’t have someone inhale it and keep a good conscience now that you know. Be a good dude and recover your money from it by diluting it in a solvent and filter it as fine as you can, I would stage the filtration from 20um down to 0.2um if i had the resources, recover the solvent, purge the oil out in a vac oven and then use it for topicals only.

3 Likes

Nah don’t worry about throwing it away. We all have that one friend that always mooches and never joins in when paying the bill… Just give it to mikey.

Don’t get your panties all in a wad it was just a joke.

1 Like

how much disty is it? Id prolly give it to my wook to eat AFTER TELLING HIM WHAT IT IS. Hes not picky, he dabbed chocolate and didnt even know it?

1 Like