Distillate into slabs?

Well the reason why they use solvent to redissolve is to be able to pour it back out and purge it so the end result has the classic Swiss cheese look. Is it still ripping people off? Absolutely! I know someone who was flipping a few pounds of it and every client he sold it to was pissed

I mean sure, you can get that look without a solvent. I’m in a stance of using the least amount of solvents during processing… People do what they do. I just hope that the majority out there isn’t like what I 've come across. At this point, I wouldn’t use any D8 unless it came like 2 people. And I really only trust 1.
I shouldn’t have to perform water washes on my D8 in order to smoke it. Which is where I’m at right now. It’s scary actually, because this shit had me thinking I’d never catch a breath again, and it still has affected my breathing even though I haven’t smoked it in days. Be safe out there, and call out the scammers!

1 Like

I loaded carts for someone recently took payment in his disty, lost customers bc it was so weak but looked so clear and hard…back to my normal disty all my customers finally told me they quit getting bc was so weak…I thought iwas getting high till I smoked my good ole real disth… I’m getting his last gram tested i was wondering how.he paid me.so.much to load then sold so cheap. Starting to make sense

1 Like

You got to make it yourself. If I don’t off my small spd set, I’ll send it to you to play with. I’ll take some pics tomorrow. I’ll probably just box it because no one here will know what it is in order to sell it.
Got a bunch of extra glass, a 500ml mantel, with flask, single vacuum take off. Give you something to play around with while it would otherwise be sitting.

2 Likes

That would be incredible i could use for sure, not just disty by changing a head i think it be dreamer prop too

2 Likes

text incoming

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: D9 disty or Converted disty? Post CoAs and we will help you identify the starting material

Sorry to be a noob, but what’s wrong with converted cbd> d8 as long as its done properly and fully converted? I know that residual acids can be a hazard from certain vendors and I know some are hot with bogus COAs, but aren’t there 99% conversions somewhere?

Unknown isomers from a chemical reaction is the issue. And ppl vape unknown isomers = very bad, or could be very bad.

2 Likes

Very very few, but some notable talents here have proven they’ll do anything to provide transparency.

We saw @DUMPSTERFIREOG with some 97+ maybe 99% total cannabinoids accounted for kca labs.

Anyone who has consulted with him may be reliable.

There are good vendors in d8 who do a lot for transparency. That’s all you can ask for at this point.

3 Likes

The d8 I make shatters at room temp. It has the consistency of glass until heated. We’ve slabbed it out for customers before it’s just a pain in the ass so I tell people to do it themselves now.

3 Likes

I feel you, it’s a pain in the ass when my rosin comes out as shatter. Just wants to be resistant enough for me to launch a gram across the room with my dab tool on accident and get everywhere and have little shards stick to the table and shit.

1 Like

@Thetetraguy I tried multiple combinations thus far and have had the same result oddly enough. Started with 20/75/5 CBG/D9/HDT and had a failure to become stable. Worked up to a 40/60 mix of CBG/D9/D8 still had a failure to become stable. Any idea what I’m missing? I even melted the CBG @ 129F and let it completely re-solidify just to be sure it is possible. Any help would be much appreciated.

1 Like

Make sure the cbg ur using has been throughly dewaxed, isolate is best. And try using mostly d8, not d9. D9 is not viscous enough.
Lower ur terps to 2% and once u get that down, u can mix up to 5%.
Only melt down 60% of your cbg into ur disty, then add in the rest of the cbg in isolate unmelted form. The cbg should then melt some more but not all the way.
Mix that until u got a good homogenization, then lay it out on a sheet and process like bho slabs in a vac oven

Just run your D9 distillation properly and you can form it into slabs at 65-70F room temp :man_shrugging:
Any colder and it will shatter. And if you try to sell “slabs” cause people might think it’s shatter, that’s kind of a dick move…

Im not advocating lying about ur shenanigans, just be straight up and ur price will probably be lower, with a 24 hour production cycle (mixing cannabinoids and terps on a hot plate and in the oven overnight) so theres no need to lie. Just say they are broad spec terped dabs

meh. I guess im more of a purist. You know the client on the street isn’t going to get the same honest pitch. Then that client will go on and tell everyone how people are faking shatter again, confuse the consumers, and fuck the market again…

2 Likes

True, i guess a solution to that is only offered packaged ready to go, so they would have to unpackage and repackage to pull their lie.

I am a purist aswell but if i look at it from the consumers perspective, some may want d8 and cbg mixed together with their favorite strain/smoke flavor, that is ready to dab.
Their alternative option (from a purist perspective) would limit them to a couple strains that have a 1:3 cbg:thc ratio. maybe d9 doesnt sit well with their body and d8 works well without alot of the side effects. Then from a purist perspective they dont have any options for 1:3 cbg:d8 options

Yea packaging would help… but still not addressing the issue of questionable conversion SOP’s that literally everyone is using. I don’t know one analytical lab that can test for acids…
Also, I still haven’t met someone who can safely remove the acid catalysts, and verify it’s completely removed. Vac depth readings are pretty much the only way, and acids would fuck up almost every vacuum gauge on the market (in our industry).

Looks like pine resin is back on the menu already

2 Likes