Distillate | high potency tests but complaints about strength

Has anyone else had distillate that tests high but getting complaints of potency? potency test that is 97% cannaboids and higher than 90% D9?

What have you done to remediate the issue?

Did you test it yourself? or is the result from the seller

Can you share the COA

2 Likes

Might be converted d9. It doesnt hit the same even though it tests the same.
If you getting complaints about “potency” im assuming thats because your clients arent getting high enough from it. Cannabinoids arent the only thing that contributes to the high. Terps play a role aswell.

2 Likes

Might be converted d9. It doesnt hit the same even though it tests the same.

Eating or smoking (or both)

1 Like

Is the test accurate? You might need to get an honest lab because people don’t like buying material at 90% but hits like 70…if that’s the issue.

2 Likes

What would you recommend to help this issue, would HTE be needed?

I’ve seen that D8 and conversions do an adequate job when digested

1 Like

Yes I have shared the results below

Did you test it yourself?

1 Like

Adding CBC might help. I blind tested some people and they say it makes vapes smack harder.

3 Likes

Yes I sent the sample in and those were the results

Weird it’s not a conversion liter by the looks of it. Results look great.

2 Likes

I said the same thing, it’s a bummer because it test very well but I’ve gotten mixed reviews. Do you think CBC or HTE would help by incorporating other terpenes to mimic or enhance the entourage effect?

Yeah adding in some HTE might give u a better entourage effect, do small batches and do a blind test with like 10 testers, 2 carts labeled A and B. Ask them which hits harder and which they enjoyed more.
If the HTE works then do another study with varying HTE levels to nail in that perfect flavor to high ratio.
You should be able to nail the perfect ratio using 10 testers and less than 60ml of your stock disty.

3 Likes

How much are you diluting the carts? (% of terps and/or cut-thickener (don’t use cut-thickener))

If you’re using the standard 10% of terps you’re reducing your 89% d9 to a 80% concentration - which isn’t very potent.