Distillate help needed badly

Hey guys I’m freaking out I have been running some kilos of crude and not doing a great job. I got some good colors but my yields are terrible. And on my current run I can’t even get the fuxking crude out of the boiling flask through the head it’s just spins in the damn flask not even moving under a full vac at 235 c. No leaks I got a 2l set up with cold trap vac pump is 6cfm 2 stage can pull down to 30 microns. I accidentally let the air out of the system during this run not sure if that affected also it’s super cold in my lab like 35 degrees could that be affecting my mantle? I feel like my heating mantle is wrong temperature wise because I should have pulled the main body hours ago I started at 12 pm and didn’t even get terps until 3pm. And now at 9pm it’s just dead in the water. Please anybody with some insight help. Thanks I’m advance.

1 Like

do you have your head wrapped in tinfoil or some type of insulation?

2 Likes

If it is 35 degrees in your lab, you can be certain it is having a negative effect on your distillation.

Insulate your system as effectively (and safely) as possible. Do not put anything flammable near the mantle.

Also, is the 235 you’re referring to the readout on the mantle or are you measuring the top of the distillation head?

2 Likes

do you have a vacuum reading during the run?

1 Like

Hey thanks for the response. Yes I assume the cold temp will have some effects but I didn’t think nothing this drastic. And yes it was 235 but I turned it 250 just to see if I get a reaction and I have. I’m trying to hope it’s onlu the cold messing with the heating mantles sensor.

No I don’t i know that’s important do you have a foil substitute recommendation?

Yes sir I do reading at 24.1 hg I’m in mountains so that’s my full vac.

I used fireplace rope? can get at most hardware stores in MN.

1 Like

NEver heard of that but I will look into it. Thank you.

So I raised the heat and now I’m getting a proper reaction just can’t keep a consistent reflux. Thanks for the quick response guys much appreciated.

2 Likes

24.1hg is your problem. Switch units to micron and if you can’t find a leak, shut down your system would be my advice. You’re degrading your oil and probably started around 30 degrees ago.

2 Likes

If I shut down my system can I distill the oil later? I know it won’t be the greatest but I don’t want to lose all of it.

Same thing happened to me. Vacuum didn’t pull low enough so when it did pull through all my final product was THC with heads a dam terps because I had to get it to higher temps then needed due to lack of vacuum pull

You can run more passes but you’ll lose potency but it will help. Just take your time and make sure to separate the heads, body, tails. Don’t be in a rush . But your heat being that high is already damaging your oil

1 Like

yes, you can continue to run it later no problem. Unfortunately what’s done is done when it comes to degradation but it’s impossible to know where you’ll end up

Why is 24.1hg my problem that should be full vac because of my elevation.

U Need to measure in micron with a digivac gauge or in mtorr

1 Like

You need to switch to a proper pressure reading: mtor or micron. measuring in hg doesn’t give you any resolution at these pressures.

1 Like

A .1 difference in your hg reading is around 2500 micron different. That’s a problem, when you want to be sub 100 micron on all your gauges, every run.