Distillate came out looking like elmers glue

Agreed. I didn’t zoom and spoke. At work, they usually put me in time out.

Run analysis so we can sleep tonight @Frostytubes

7 Likes

In my experience, I would say CBG crystallizes more clustered and d10 is more of a cumulus cloud-like formation.

2 Likes

They need to mix the "white glue-cannabinoid” with bad Butane and hope for a ““Happy Accident””.

3 Likes

What makes you think it’s CBDa? The title says distillate.

2 Likes

bho and then typical roto, distillation

Every problem has a solution but you have to know what your problem is first.
Test your material so you know what you have and then you will know how to solve your problem.
You will spend more time, effort and resources trying to figure it out then what it would cost you to just simply test it.

3 Likes
2 Likes

This same thing happened to me a few months ago. My lab couldn’t identify the peak - I suspect D10, but they don’t have a reference on file for it.

4 Likes

This was from high THC material?

2 Likes

:notes:no body knows, the cannabinoids seen, no body knows the testingg :notes:

5 Likes

Apologies for the delay @Sidco_Cat… been away from the forum a while!

@Frostytubes , judging by everything you’ve said & shown to us, I must conclude that this product is from biomass or crude abnormally high in sulfur content, regardless of its source or false reporting… and perhaps with an accelerator catalyst, likely from overspray of firefighting chemistry in this Summer season. The result of your processing this sulfurous material with high temperature (and seemingly long heat history) is now a distillate with sufficiently high concentrations of CBN, Δ6a,10a-THC and Δ10,10a-THC isomers for the material to have largely solidified as crystallites (tiny crystal particles), pervasively nucleated via π-π orbital stacking of these molecules’ conjugated aromatic ring structures.

To explain another way, it sounds like the sulfur (now mostly H2S, aka: the “egg-farts molecule”) which WAS indeed present, regardless of its source, caused dehydrogenation and isomerization reactions of your most prevalent cannabinoids, like THC and/or CBD. The resulting CBN and/or “D10” mixture is able to crystallize in way that is not mediated by hydroxyl-group bridges (the way THCacid, CBD or CBG crystallize), but instead mediated by the staggered stacking of their phenolic and “delta bond” rings, as shown in the Wikipedia link, above.

Such microscopic and innumerable crystallites (with their solid facets) floating in the product can be likened to the sub-micron micelles and single-digit-microns sized fat globules in homogenized milk: their tiny surfaces reflect and scatter all visible wavelengths of light. Even though milk contains only about 12% solids or so in water, the vast majority of these solids (mainly the protein, casein and mono/di/triglycerides) do not absorb significantly in the wavelengths of visible light, so they reflect all color (i.e., white). Still, it is the sheer vastness of surface area on these individual particles, along with their facets’ practically infinite relative orientations that causes the mixture to appear both opaque and white.

As an aside, I wouldn’t discount the possibility of phosphorus contamination of the biomass or crude, without smelling this stuff, myself. Elemental sulfur (S) and phosphorus (P) are both relatively soft Lewis bases which can react or catalyze reactions similarly. It is pretty easy for some folks to mistake or muddle the odors of sulfur and phosphorus, especially in “burnt” compounds or mixtures. I should ask…

• What does a book of paper matches smell like to you?
  • How about a burning paper match’s smoke?
  • And how about a cold burnt paper match?
8 Likes

Yep, @CandS, looks like the usual elution regions of the “D10s”.

I wonder why I didn’t see most of these posts when I thought I was at the end of this thread and wrote my reply…? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

@thesk8nmidget @Miles-Beyond Interesting points here… The degree of inter-particle solidification you both bring up was one point of observation I was lacking when I wrote my longer post, above.

I did not see whether or not these jars of material are gooey or firm written anywhere in your descriptions @Frostytubes. Can you tell me which texture(s) they have?

3 Likes

Sorry, edited to Cannabinoids…
Attempt at humor…

1 Like

it is completely solid.

1 Like

Thank you all so much for your input and suggestions, I will let you guys know what the test says, and try a couple other suggestions.

3 Likes

I better see some new stuff hitting markets soon xD

1 Like

It is short path distillate?
Have you considered a pin hole Leak from cooling?

I see… Thanks, @Frostytubes . So if they are completely solid at room temperature, it is probably almost all CBN. Have you had any of it analyzed, yet? If you found buyers for it, but you need help purifying and deodorizing this product, just send me a DM. Best of luck!

1 Like