Distillate came out looking like elmers glue

my guess would’ve been that you got a lot of water into the miscella that you were rotovapping (it looks like a louche test)… until you said that it was completely solid. Your crude looked pretty good too. Not sure what to tell you. Keep us posted and good luck.

1 Like

Any chance your crude was melted isolate? I’ve melted isolate then redistilled and it cools chalky. Looks similar.

Unless you’ve got a market for Elmer’s glue, you’re gonna need a CoA to move this.

CBG would certainly be best case. CBD seems like an outside possibility. No clue what our other options are….

2 Likes

I’ve run a couple thousand liters of CBD and never had it look like glue. I may have missed the part where CBD distillate is supposed to look like glue. I understand crystallizing, but never have i seen the white frothy look.

2 Likes

Ok, I must have missed op saying it was frothy. Sorry only trying to help.

1 Like

Neither have I

Any of those thousands of litres use BHO as the input?

I don’t know that it’s been explicitly stated, but my guess is that @Frostytubes used hydrocarbons and CRC on the crude.

Which should lead to a lighter colored distillate than most hemp ops achieve.

Where did you get “frothy”?

You don’t see the resemblance between

And

3 Likes

He also said it was completely solidified, so that to me would contradict the frothy statement.

4 Likes

Kinda looks like those pics of d10 crystallizing in converted liters

Maybe move it across state lines as plywood glue?

Then you won’t need a COA

I have used CBD bho and it doesn’t look like that after distillation.

2 Likes

I was thinking water until he said it solidified… now I’m with the CBG crew. Someone screwed the pooch on the genetics.

2 Likes

Looks like d10 from fire retardant biomass. How was it extracted? What happens if you try to crash it like CBD?

3 Likes

Not an unreasonable guess…although that would be one hell of a conversion rate.

3 Likes

I’ve seen it done accidentally and it looked very similar. Only seen it from CO2 extractors that decarb the biomass prior to extraction on material contaminated with fire retardant.

3 Likes

D10 crystallised out in little clusters. OP how did it form to this as it cooled? All at once, or do it form in little blooms that overtook the jar. Apologies if I missed that.

Top most picture to the right. I zoomed in and the condensate on the closest part of the jar gave it a thick head on a beer look. Zoom on a phone is best used before commenting…spoons a plenty

I think that’s just the reflection/refraction of the glass casting a shadow

1 Like

Agreed. I didn’t zoom and spoke. At work, they usually put me in time out.

Run analysis so we can sleep tonight @Frostytubes

7 Likes

In my experience, I would say CBG crystallizes more clustered and d10 is more of a cumulus cloud-like formation.

2 Likes