Distillate came out looking like elmers glue

You’ve definitely got carry over… You should be pretty harsh with the growers and tell them that it would have been easier for you to remediate it if they would have just been fucking honest in the first place…

However it can be remediated, and there are a couple threads on how to do it here if you just search with the proper search terms

2 Likes

but i have ran a lot of cbd and it never came out this color. and by ran both sides, i witnessed the biomass, ran the biomass into oil, then made the distillate. In no way does this look like any distillate i have ever ran, but i will keep it into close consideration

no incoming coa, and i have access to testing, was just trying to avoid that.

Do an alkaline beam test for a quick reality check…

needless to say d9 will not crystalize so the majority of this cannot be d9.

I would also try melting some and seeing what color it melts into and then see if it solidifies again. how fast did it solidify?

6 Likes

Lean in, my friend! In a world of chads, wooks and hustlers, testing will always have your back.

8 Likes

Looks alot like this cbg @BrotanicalMatt called it via dm I was thinking pandemic speshyweshy.

9 Likes

Very interesting stuff u have here can’t wait to see when you find you what it is .presenting the all new elmers cbd glue xD

1 Like

Would be funny if you just managed to make high quality CBD product and you’ve just never done that before.

Hopefully this is just a happy little accident :man_shrugging:

1 Like

CBG would be a happy accident for sure.

1 Like

my guess would’ve been that you got a lot of water into the miscella that you were rotovapping (it looks like a louche test)… until you said that it was completely solid. Your crude looked pretty good too. Not sure what to tell you. Keep us posted and good luck.

1 Like

Any chance your crude was melted isolate? I’ve melted isolate then redistilled and it cools chalky. Looks similar.

Unless you’ve got a market for Elmer’s glue, you’re gonna need a CoA to move this.

CBG would certainly be best case. CBD seems like an outside possibility. No clue what our other options are….

2 Likes

I’ve run a couple thousand liters of CBD and never had it look like glue. I may have missed the part where CBD distillate is supposed to look like glue. I understand crystallizing, but never have i seen the white frothy look.

2 Likes

Ok, I must have missed op saying it was frothy. Sorry only trying to help.

1 Like

Neither have I

Any of those thousands of litres use BHO as the input?

I don’t know that it’s been explicitly stated, but my guess is that @Frostytubes used hydrocarbons and CRC on the crude.

Which should lead to a lighter colored distillate than most hemp ops achieve.

Where did you get “frothy”?

You don’t see the resemblance between

And

3 Likes

He also said it was completely solidified, so that to me would contradict the frothy statement.

4 Likes

Kinda looks like those pics of d10 crystallizing in converted liters

Maybe move it across state lines as plywood glue?

Then you won’t need a COA

I have used CBD bho and it doesn’t look like that after distillation.

2 Likes

I was thinking water until he said it solidified… now I’m with the CBG crew. Someone screwed the pooch on the genetics.

2 Likes