Dilution calculator for extract-isolate combinations

Is there a more sophisticated calculator that can calculate how many mg of different isolates of different purity and carrier base I should use to produce a particular cannabinoid profile as a percentage?

E.g. how much and what should I use to produce 1000 pcs of 30ml tincture with to achieve a content of 20% CBD, 2% CBG, 1% CBN, 0.5% CBC in MCT oil?

1 Like

Maybe I’m reading your question wrong but it sounds like the solution to your problem might be an excel sheet and just working backwards from the data you have to the data youre looking for.

The cannabinoid itself doesn’t matter unless you were going for molar concentrations. All you really need to keep track of is weight/volume and it’s percentage as a total.

5 Likes

I tried to find such a calculator in excel, but nothing is satisfactory.

Basically, I would like to enter the data -

• what cannabinoids I want to use
  • what % purity these cannabinoids have
  • what is the volume of the vials
  • how many vials I want to fill

The calculator will use this data to calculate how much of which cannabinoid I need to use in milligrams, and how much carrier base I need to use to make the selected number of vials. (in my case mct oil)

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @nonconform

What you want to do is create a spreadsheet with a few static numbers and some numbers you’re going to enter.

You can make some cells at the top with your static numbers i.e. if you tell the computer you want to mix 120 bottles it will automatically tell you that you need 3,540 ml of liquid b.c. your formula up top will say “multiply this cell by 29.5” also if you know the % of cannabinoids of your feed stock you can list those numbers here too, they will help later.

For your concentrate amount you can just set up a ratio or two and find out how much of the concentrate you need per bottle. If you have a crude oil that is 65% CBD by weight than you will need 1.538g for a 1000mg tincture. I arrived here by dividing the final target mg by the mg/g of the concentrate (1000/650=1.538)

You will essentially use this logic for the remainder of the spread sheet and at the end you can have the total amount of concentrate used in grams be subtracted in ml from the total carrier oil used, this will get you very close to the total amount needed to yield your bottles and the potency should be within range.

For production work where you have to hit numbers I always add about 3% extra concentrate and then make about 5-10% extra product. This ensures that if you have any spills or if your bottle filling machine is thirsty, you will always be able to fill the order

Edit: YouTube and Google are really good resources when you want to learn how to format this stuff. It’s fairly easy and with a few mins invested in videos you can definitely throw together this spreadsheet for yourself! And feel free to post it when you’re done if you want suggestions

6 Likes

Excel is your friend.

1 Like
12 Likes

You’ll gain more from learning the math and teaching it to excel.

If you understand the math, getting excel to do it for you is easy. If you don’t understand the math, up your game and learn it.

no, they didn’t mention in algebra that you needed this shit so you could make drugs, but turns out you do…

14 Likes

:rofl:

4 Likes

This is totally not true… I get the math but I cant get Excel to do Jack shit for me…

But give me a floppy drive and a Disk Operating System “DOS” disk… and I could still make a bitchen program, that could formulat these solutions…lol

But seriously… doing the math is the fun part…

This formulation gets really fun, when your using multiple distillates with the same cannabinoids… we always end up needing 1 or 2 isolates to reach our target numbers…

1 Like

The hillbillystills calculator has a “by any volume” calc if you scroll down. Under the " Fortification (spirit addition) section.

2 Likes

Just because these two need cross-linked

How to mix 1:1 cbd/thc

5 Likes