Difference bewteen D9 and D9 converted distillate

This is where the conversion diffrance
Of tiba is less favorable I am assuming
If my logic makes sense the main harsh
Thing is temperature deffenatly in making hhc
If you make hhc at bp of solvent or higher(rxn is under pressure) your R suffers
Would not be surprised if the same dynamics work for conversions
And keeping rings no higher than RT
Favor the racimic mixture in R

1 Like

@TheVanillaGorilla Do you have a source for that stereochemistry claim? Because here’s a paper from 2017 that says it’s more like 99% (-)THC (R,R configuration) in the plant.

1 Like

Rubbish. That is THCA derived from plants producing 20+% THCA that have been labeled hemp.

No conversions involved.

5 Likes

Ok. Look up the patent. It uses high powered acidified water jets and centeifuges

And if you notice they stated the difference between 80-90%. And 50-60% is 20 folds the psychoactivity.

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acs.jnatprod.1c00513

Yes that would be one way to make dirty tek diamonds from THCA not by converting CBDA to THCA.

Yes it can be done but for someone to say they’re doing it solventless then you quite literally quote water in your statement…. Link the patent, if I find a singular solvent (besides water) I call Tom foolery

1 Like

The 80-90% in that paper is referring to the composition of only the cis-THC’s (R,S) and (S,R). The paper I linked shows that the plant produces >99% of the THC in the (R,R) configuration. The other 3 stereoisomers are produced only in very small amounts.

That would be quiet unique
Since most natural molecules are often in a 1-5 ratio but the magic herb might suprise again

Are you stating that reaction conditions do Not tend to push the (R-S) toward an equilibrium?

This is what I was responding to. Naturally produced THC is >99% (R,R) according to that paper. I don’t know about synthetic reactions. I would imagine it produces varying amounts of stereoisomers. I don’t know if anyone has done the analysis on some of these commonly used processes and the stereochemistry of the products.

EDIT

Sorry I have not been specific enough. In the paper you linked, it was found that low THC varieties produce similar amounts of cis (R,S and S,R) and trans (R,R and S,S) THCs. But in high THC varieties, there was no cis THC detected (maybe just a result of the analytical method? Or maybe truly not present?

The paper from 2017 shows in the case of a high THC variety, the enantiomeric purity is >99% R,R configuration.

Hmm would be nice to have a comparison sample of 99% S

2 Likes

One could asume that if cbd is equally created as an R 99% the reaction of cbd> thc> hhc is actually pretty mild if 80% hhcR is not uncommon

2 Likes