Difference and or advantage between butane or 70butane / 30propane

difference and or advantage between butane or 70butane / 30propane

i work with a 1lbs appolo. currently I use butane only. but I notice that a lot uses 70/30. what are the advantages or disadvantages of using 70/30 versus 100% butane.

thank you

1 Like

In the past propane was added in hopes to pull “lighter” compounds but it’s all history now and honestly doesn’t add up to much.

Now it’s purely a process choice to have a higher base pressure so larger pressure differentials can be achieved. This remains true depending on how your processing.

I personally use full butane and recommend it for anyone to use since at a craft scale it results in lower pressure and is thus safer to use.

If you have any specific questions feel free to ask :grin::beers:

5 Likes

It will make the same material act differently from straight ntane. I run pure propane and a lil bit of iso just so i can squirt it out.

2 Likes

i just went back to butane. My thoughts are that less pressure is just safer in all ways. Less likely to leak etc. I have a nitrogen push if I need to use it and easier to get the nitrogen back out with butane. I heard it produces a tighter shatter and thats my main thing other than stufff for gummies.

3 Likes

Thank you everyone
I think I will continue with butane

If ur using any form of canned butane chances are it’s not pure butane unless ur running puretane

1 Like

I bet this mixture has properties very similar to iso-butane.