Did Minnesota Accidentally Legalize Weed?

I lived in the Twin Cities for years. I used to move packs on Amtrak before they checked your bags. I’m surprised it took them this long, even on a technicality.

5 Likes

MN has a heavy canna culture, so I too am surprised it took this long.

I remember some bozo in high school was going to MN to buy “THC” gummies but was shocked when we told him that THC isn’t legal in MN and he was buying CBD gummies lol

4 Likes

One of the last High Crimes Cannabis Cups I went to had some fire breeders and extractors from MN. Their market is going to be great when it matures if they can hold off from money and outside influence as long as possible.

3 Likes

Seems like they did, was with my friend last night going over what he’s gonna need. The guy who signed the bill said he had no idea i just saw hemp and signed. Its still kinda weird and hard to totally understand the language, i think theres gonna be a bunch of cases like with hemp and the farm bill til they get it figured out. Its an all over place rule

3 Likes

MN has a good market. The shit my friends brother got from Scandia was wow…

I don’t remember if his source got it locally in MN, maybe, but the strain I remember the most was Pink Candy.

Cannabis needs to begin self regulating and form committees/authorizing bodies.

Would really cut down on this over reaching need for regulation and allow the states and counties to decide what they want to allow.

Also unionization now could prevent big pharma from destroying this thing of ours in the end.

4 Likes

MN’s government is a complete mess so that is not surprising

I’m just interested in seeing how this impacts the traditional side of things

1 Like

Yeah its gonna be interesting for sure.

2 Likes

5 Likes

I think the change is for the worse. 5md dose max. 50mg max pack size.

I think cbd (any cannabinoid) is banned (over .3).

So yeah. Worse.

And they’re calling the 5mg a “high concentration”

What’s up with MN and they’re intermittent coolness about stuff? Even the weather is bipolar.

:man_facepalming:

3 Likes

I lived in Uptown, which was the “cool” neighborhood at the time. Henn-Lake Liquors was the spot to go for work for disaffected youth (the precursor to hipsters?) and some of the smartest sommelier and ciccerone knowledge I had seen. I went on to work in sales for beer for 10 years.

That said, in case you forgot, Minneapolis is also where George Floyd happened. The 19th highjacker was also caught in one of the suburbs, so Minnesota has good days and bad.

EDIT: Mpls. not Uptown, duh.

3 Likes

I agree that it’s worse although it’s nice to not be in a grey area any more. But I though it was just ‘any tetrahydrocannabinol’ that had to be under .3%. I didn’t think CBD had to follow those rules.

1 Like

Pardon my south minneapolis but Chicago and 38th is powderhorn not uptown :wink:

3 Likes

Don’t forget big tobacco. They are already converting their grows to hemp in legal states.

1 Like