Did I kill my vacuum gauge?

Pulling vac to reduce oxidation while decarbing live resin for carts. Being in the small sealed vessel helps retain some terps

The gauge was actually a vac-0psi gauge from my vacuum chamber. It was never intended to experience pressure. When decarbing it went from -29gh to +psi, which it can’t read and was never designed for. I’m assuming that destroyed the gauge.

This gauge was only meant for my vacuum chamber, was a mistake to put it on this decarb vessel.

Will be replacing it with a vac-0-300psi gauge

1 Like

so you decarb low temp? does that maintain terps or color or both. i dont plan on cart farming.

blow

6 Likes

Not really, it’s fully decarbed, oil temps saw prob 140’c

I don’t call them live resin carts, I just don’t have a fuge to spin them off the terps and reintroduce later.

Ran some godfather og, dumped in live resin, decarbed several times, starting at 110’c for 3 hours, resulting in about a 50% decarb. Then 125’c for 3 hours, about 75/80% decarb still some thca and a little to thick for my preference. Ran again at 140’c for 3 hours, appears to be a full decarb. Loaded right into carts, nice and thick, enough terps to function, taste amazing like it did before decarbing, just less intensive.

I know I’ve boiled off plenty of terps, but I’m okay with that

yo are disty= i dont wanna learn ill stick with my own homegrown shatter

Not sure what that means, but cool.

I use to make these carts with my own home made shatter. Winterize, decarb and add back hemp/canna terps.

These resin carts slap the harder without having to winterize and reintroduce terps.

Thread isn’t really about my tek, or lack there of, it’s more concerning opinions related to the gauge and determining what possibly caused it to fail.

1 Like

I just meant we are doing entirely different process. I dont do spd or have any idea how. People seem to call me out on my extraction even though im on that shit. but im not even pretending to know about a spd.

I’m flattered you would think my idiocy is that complex lol. Closest I’ve gotten to a spd is stripping excess terps in my vacuum chamber and a cold trap to increase potency of the solution

1 Like

are you in europe? you referred to something in celsius so i presumed you are a genius>

Lol I just don’t want the smart people to know I’m a full blown knuckle dragger

3 Likes

my carting experience is- I made them have no customers. so I may have a farmer on the classifieds soon.

This is the funniest thing I’ve ever read on this forum because it describes exactly what happened to this gauge

5 Likes

Oooh, what size? I have the cart farmer 50, wishing I have to 250 these days

1 Like

i got a baby with the heater if youve built closed l=columns its easy- a container and a heat wrap. on the hose

Well, I’m glad it hit home for someone!

3 Likes