Did @etsgang snitch out @subzeroscientific? ASME and OLCC confusion? is this what our industry has come to?

The time is long gone for having a trap house lab without inspections/certifications and honestly for the industry to move forward and stick around we need cops for that.

2 Likes

You heard it here folks

Team cops is here.

2 Likes

Im also not an expert and trying to learn a lot more.

They definitely are a tri clamp but i beliehe an asme clamp. Though this still boggles my mind

1 Like

Depending on the design and the fab, yes there are multiple 10" clamps that are rated for butane. They are not the standard Tri-clamps deployed on 6" designs.

1 Like

It appears there is an ASME stamp on the vessel itself. You could take the clamp and verify it’s ASME fairly easily. More importantly the engineering firm that verified/approved the design should have it listed in the EPR.

3 Likes

Hilarious coming from the guy who wishes death on all cops.

3 Likes

Welcome to the game. Everyone is a pig in shit.
Some literally pigs.
Muahahaha

Hahahahaha I am dying.

1 Like

Nothing is stopping anyone from buying a 12" TC spool with 0.035" walls, filling it with propane, capping it, and leaving it in the sun for a few hours.

It’s impossible to stop humans from being ignorant fuckin animals. For proof, please re-read this thread.

But at the very least for people SELLING potential pipe bombs, we should be holding them to some minimal standard.

4 Likes

Fun fact: I know someone at a major non-cannabis-related OEM that did a bunch of pressure testing of triclamp fittings.

In every case they tested (up to 4") the pipe failed before the clamp. Standard or HP or AMSE.

Which isn’t actually all that surprising if you understand the forces that a clamped TC connection is under.

And those were all known high quality clamps, not random cheap bargain bin “yes definitely stainless” chinese ones.

That doesn’t mean that we should run standard clamps everywhere regardless of pressure. ASME style double bolt per side clamps might not actually hold more pressure, but they’re a lot harder to put on in a way that is wrong enough to be dangerous.

2 Likes

Thank you @Killa12345

3 Likes

Fun fact. Calling government authorities over hashtagged posts is definitely the most pathetic shit I’ve ever heard of in this industry. You know how much of the black market funds you and you think you can go and talk to the government on others?

The reality hasn’t escaped me. Hate me all you want. I outted multiple cops and cop lovers over a fucking Instagram hashtag. Sometimes I find the reality hilarious as much as the next reader. This shit is bonkers that you’d stoop so low.

2 Likes

Its not the clamp that gives its usually the gasket that slips (assuming the pipe doesnt burst)

2 Likes

What was the psi range that they failed

1 Like

… just Don’t be a BLEVEr…

3 Likes

If a gummy was claimed to be vegan but was found to contain gelatin, it would be false representation.

If someone claimed to be a doctor or electrician but had no degree or certification, it would be false representation.

Am I missing something here? The issue is safety and compliance, especially with a vessel under such intense pressure. “Snitching” is ratting out your local drug dealer, this is a professional industry with standards and regulations. This is equipment that could potentially blow up and cause injury or worse.

You would think that you’d want people to be honest and truthful about the products and services they provide, no? This industry is so weird lol maybe there is beef between the two parties or I don’t understand the code of honor but misrepresenting yourself wouldn’t fly in any other industry except cannabis apparently.

8 Likes

This isnt a fucking gummy but I hear you lol

I again request the smoking gun @etsgang

Stand behind something other than your own asme stamps.

Stand behind your actions and show the world.

Have some fucking conviction and courage instead of bullshit.

You’re that club, own it. You resort to the pettiest of actions towards your competitors.

Could have called them out here…

1 Like

I don’t remember the ranges off the top of my head, or even if they were disclosed. That wasn’t what our primary topic of discussion was at the time, we were talking about other triclamp+pressure related things than clamp strength and failure points.

2 Likes

Pretty sure theyre running under vacuum so pressure vessel regs dont apply here

I thought it was over 8" diameter and over 15 psi but i could be wrong

I don’t even understand what you’re saying at this point. I’ve been transparent, whatever smoking gun you’re referring to I’ve already told you it was the 8" + standard HP clamps that brought it to our attention. Not sure what else you are asking for?

Same shit happened to us with our Substrate sterilizer. Some manufacturer called a boiler regulator in Michigan when we released it. We didn’t get angry or spend our time and energy trying to figure out who called it in. We spoke with the regulator, realized the call out made sense and changed the SOP with that design to regain compliance, it happens all the time. It was a simple fix, same thing with this example. Change the diameter of the vessel or have an ASME shop fabricate it for you. The engineering firm that reviewed it I am sure will offer a discount as they should have never let this one pass based on code.

You spend more time spouting conspiracy nonsense than addressing the actual conversation. Why do you think everyone has multiple versions of their EPRs? You think we like to spend extra money with our engineering firms for paperwork 3 years later? No, it’s because either code changes or a design element is in question or reconfigured. This conversation is off the tracks at this point.

7 Likes

Show us your hashtagged photo. Is it the one above? Show us your detailed report how you narcd.

Show us without words what you did and why.

Do you not understand the meaning of a smoking gun? Jesus Christ. Cough up your ammo. Your proof.

Show me where they hurt your feelings and you called the cops.

Bold accusations and government reporting. Would love a copy.

Share with the class how we’re coming together

1 Like