Diamonds turning into chalk post separation

I think @Dred_pirate has been messing with it recently

3 Likes

Hospitals in montreal and across Ontario have been dealing with benzene contamination in nitrous tanks for years now.

2 Likes

Ooohhhh reeaaalllyyy fffoooo!! Damn, well at least I haven’t popped any tests for it. As soon as I saw people having problems I started watching really close

3 Likes

I have seen this problem happen a couple of times in recent months as well. A solvent rinse (Both n-Pentane and n-Butane) didn’t remove the outside chalk so I’m leaning towards it’s not THCa.

It is definitely thca.

4 Likes

lamia2007.pdf (519.8 KB)

Well, using 13x has accidentally been my savior. I had actually not changed my mol in a while, and had opened up my mol sieve and reused it, which I never do. My supplier was also out for a short period of time, they are now in stock and I’m changing mine regularly.

12 Likes

simulated moving bed is the shit for continual THC remediation too… too bad it’s patented.

4 Likes

Not to use as a mol sieve.

1 Like

SMB uses multiple chromatography columns with an input and output between each column. As the ‘peak’ exits one column you can tap to extract your fraction as it passes the exit and only get your desired fraction with the rest continually passing to the next column where more unseparated starting material is added. I don’t see how you’re using this as a molecular sieve… seems wasteful.

1 Like

In vapor phase. I’m not using it for remediation.

Do you know what we’re talking about in this subject?

7 Likes

Yeah I don’t even get what that has to do with trying to pull benzene out of the gas I mean come on

I mean I was listening to you all in Vegas so I don’t even know this sounds confusing

1 Like

You haven’t noticed the strange formations once switching to 13x sieve? Trying to find 13x sieve; all the suppliers I’ve talked to say they have 10A which according to them is the same as 13x

4 Likes

With fresh beads, no. I have been having far better luck with my jars

5 Likes

Prolly more money than Dreds but I like the blue indicating type
mSORB Indicating Molecular Sieve Beads TYPE 13X | BVV (shopbvv.com)

(Molecular Sieve Beads Type 13X (a.k.a. 10A))

I have boxes of 13x/10a beads…… I just don’t have them liSted. It’s about the same price shipped as my proof up beads and should be the cheapest price out there shipped.

9 Likes

I’ve heard they also help keep terpenes out of your gas. Any truth to this?

2 Likes

Only time ive had THCa chalk up on me was the one time when I cold crashed THCa in n-butane, poured off the high terpene fraction, and left the cold crash blooms undisturbed and unpurged for a few weeks. This was about 6 months ago before I heard anyone having this issue. Havent seen it since :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Same beads dred posted have stopped my chalk. Stuff still a bit strange but much much better.

8 Likes

What’s still strange? We’re testing some things this week, would love to know the differences you’re seeing.

3 Likes

Propylene is the nightmare we’re dealing with. I’m taking bets now that’s the issue. I’ve got $100 on it, anyone wanna take me up on it?

11 Likes