Diamonds turning into chalk post separation

That or order from a different supplier

How many repeat people with this same issue?

@Dred_pirate was the only other vocal I saw.

You’re both located in different places. Just trying to get a TLDR summary.

I know Lex and respect him, worked previously for Adchem so I know their suppliers, have a beyond normal understanding of this business model and market.

Just never really actually blasted till here I am XD

3 Likes

@hambread and @Dukejohnson are also having them

1 Like

I think a lot of peoples egos are keeping them on the sidelines.

10 Likes

It’s not Kaplan—I have labs in NorCal and WA that aren’t supplied by a Kaplan purchaser seeing the same thing (and the benzene pops).

4 Likes

Just dug something up regarding Benzene and crystal structure which might explain the strange formations your getting:

modes by which the molecules stack into crystals!

Pi stacking, yes! Aromatic moieties are actually electromagnetic, with the center being more positive and the ring being more negative. The field around a benzene ring is actually a toroidal magnetic field, due to the synchronization of electron spin states… so as long as the rest of the bulky chiral cannabinoid molecule is bent, twisted, or otherwise not too sterically hindered in the regions around the aromaticity, the molecules can interact mainly by attractive van der Waals forces.

Aiding their abilities to crystallize are their much higher stability (lower overall potential energy) than that of the other Δ#-THC isomers, due to their extended pi orbital conjugation.

In the case of CBN, molecules may stack closely offset at the conjugated ring structures, similar to biphenyl, which is actually a more stable conformation than the flat, directly fused double benzene molecule, naphthalene (mothballs).

In the case of the Δ10 & Δ10a-THC isomers, molecules likely stack as lamellae perpendicular to one another in alternating
[…ethene-benzene•benzene-ethene•ethene-benzene•benzene-ethene…]
orientation, similar to styrene crystals.

Bottom line is intermolecular forces and molecule mass are big influences on crystal structure and crystallizion behavior:
-COOH, -OH, and pi stacking are some top contributors. Also, making a compound more rigid and with less conformations can help, too.

All pulled from here:
Why won’t D9/D8 THC Crystallize? - Hash and Stuff / Crystallization - Future4200

14 Likes

My understanding is it’s Diversified who deserves a large finger pointing blame. Not their customers…

Third party testing shit like tanks of gas tho? You ready for those added costs and time?

This issue creates something not fun for everyone. Added costs to prevent.

2 Likes

But the pot could never get contaminated…. Nor do these big holding tanks never need cleaning.

Just the individual cylinders.

8 Likes

I don’t think the benzene is coming from diversified because we aren’t seeing it in the HPG gas so far. All the gas vendors selling diversified would have to test positive for benzene for this to be true. It is happening one level downstream from diversified.

5 Likes

I think this is likely true. Although we have Kaplan + confirmed so it’s more than one downstream issue. Which seems strange.

Edit: Fuck it, for the sake of figuring this out, we have Kaplan + GI so far. And that’s a wide pool.

3 Likes

Damn, let’s narrow it down together:]]]

1 Like

Gi gets from Kaplan as well so my supplier says

1 Like

So my attempt with distillate very similar failed to test positive for benzene with a tank I very strongly believe to be bad. I wonder if terpenes keep the benzene around a bit more?

2 Likes

I knew @Photon_noir would one way or another hold the answers :joy:

3 Likes

I will try to find out tomorrow who Matheson buys from in Tennessee. I should be getting a new 120# tank of N this week or early next week. Then a 500# about a week after the 120.

1 Like

I don’t think that’s the case. At least in the past they’ve been a direct customer of Diversified. But things change and I’ve been wrong before.

Edit: I as corrected below, this is one of the times I was wrong :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

I again am late to the party. I’m assuming crc was attempted. What media’s.

I can believe distillate removed it due to BP and scrubbing.

1 Like

Yeah that was from 2 years ago too.

4 Likes

Huh? We took raw gas and sprayed into a jar of disty and mixed it up because we couldn’t find a lab to take the gas straight up.

3 Likes

Wild.

The disty passed.

The diamonds failed?