Diamond mining question (neglect Tek?)

Quick question,

If it’s too “spoon feedy” please feel free to passively-agressively meme me below.

I’ve read the strong sauce Tek, and this question seems a bit out of the realm of normalcy.

I’m leaving for two weeks and have about a keg of oil in an equal part Pentane.

I’m not going to have a chance to get it in my shatter oven before then. But I figured this might be a great time to try out some sauce making.

If I toss a bunch of this into jars, then into a pressure vessel in the freezer for two weeks at 50-60 psi with nitrogen, will it do good things? Bad things?

I know the Tek is usually drop out the crystal, pour the sauce, then re-form the crystal. But should I be able to expect some decent results with sheer negligence?

The market doesn’t demand giant diamonds right now, so some decent sized ones with some sauce on top will do just fine.

Any thoughts? Any reason this is a super bad idea?

Thx!

3 Likes

You need more pentane to create a super saturation. You can use less oil and more pentane to have a greater ratio.

4 Likes

2:1 or something might be better?

More than that.

Enough to dissolve it.

2 Likes

You you might have better luck with the dissolving it in the collection pot with butane and filling the miners. Then letting them settle at 15 psi at a nice low room temp of 65-68.

2 Likes

I run a weird system…
But I basically extract in ethanol/methanol, then LLE everything into an Alkane for better evap times and helps remediate some color pickup. Don’t need to deal with pressures or anything.

So right now I’ve louched a sample from ethanol into Pentane, and just figuring out what the next step is. Pentane at least stays liquid at room temp so it’s a bit easier to deal with than butane.

3 Likes

Very true about being more stable, but it still very volatile. As far as the ratio goes. I don’t know. I would go super saturated and work down.

Yah absolutely, I keep it all cold from start to finish. At least it’s a 30-40c below it’s boiling point. But I can absolutely see vapor pouring off regardless of temperature.

I’ll run some tests and report back in 2ish weeks (for science!)

3 Likes

10 Likes

What ended up happening? I’m looking to try the same thing. Any advice beforehand? TIA

1 Like

Yeah search hot jar tek for speed chunks. Search only the strong sauce tek for slow boulders tek ,but this takes twice or three times as long. But the diamonds look noticeably different imo

1 Like

Most definitely appreciate it sir!

I left a jar out last night with the lid just set on top and got diamonds over night. Seems like neglect tek works fine lol.

4 Likes

Fine if your ok with your terps soaking into the sugars.

That looks like my batches that i let to much solvent out.

All the terps absorb into the sugars… Leaving basically nothing or very little to pour.

Run that through a centrifuge and youll be shocked at how much weight you lose because the terps.

1 Like

Good to know. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

im New to making concentrates at temps of -40c and noticed the potential for crystallization is just inherent when extracting this cold. The retention of terps and purging of solvents is most important to me personally. The jar I left out was from a batch that the rest of went right into the oven at 100f. Capped jars. The one I left out just had the cap sitting on it. Not even snug. I’ve since put it in the oven at 85. I’m curious to experience the difference between the 2.

2 Likes