Dewaxing question

So I’ve had my chiller (material collumn) on for a long time but haven’t started my run and I’m trying to go to bed. I’m worried if I turn my chiller off and go to bed the material will sit wet all night. I’m thinking about running thru the collumns and letting the solvent/hash sit in the dewaxing columns overnight. Then dry iceing them in the am for a couple of hours, then running thru the crcs and recovering. Has anyone ever tried this? Really not trying to leave my chillers on all night.

1 Like

I would just wait till morning to do the run beginning to end

3 Likes

It’s not a problem to let the butane warm up in the dewax overnight as long as you don’t fill over 70 percent and you have a pressure relief valve, then you can chill it in the morning. Or just fill the sleeve with dry ice but no iso or anything and let it just stay on ice overnight. I realize I’m probably too late to actually help, you can call me any time brotha!

5 Likes

I did exactly that. Thx!

So the extract turned out really good, it dewaxed and crc proper. But when the dry ice melted yesterday and the pressure increased (I had n2 in the dewaxing columns as well) it cause a leak and made a mess. Didnt lose too much extract and the leak didnt seem dangerous but it was more of the mess that was a problem.

1 Like

Sounds potentially dangerous. Probably should burp N2 before going home for the night. Glad all is safe and product is intact.

3 Likes

Ya I agree. I left ventilation on all night as a precautionary measure. Psi was at 70 tho when I went in there in the morning. And I’m def changing my nuts and bolts tomorrow

1 Like

Good call on ventilation. You covered your ass. 70 is actually pretty low. Surprised there was a leak. Def a good idea to find the leak and address it. :+1:

2 Likes