Dewax cartridge setup

Been doing some reading and have been looking for an inline Dewax solution for my co2 crude. Saw some talk of cartridges and diaphragm pumps

Buchner isn’t it for me

Check out lenticular filters. Depending on your budget, ErtelAlsop has a 4 stage cannaskid, but you can just get the first 2 stages which have a sock filter and then a lenticular filter cartridge. Hook up a diaphragm pump and your good.

2 Likes

Define inline.

Certainly don’t believe you mean “in your CO2 rig”, which is what folks mean when they perform “inline dewaxing” on their hydrocarbon rigs…

Have you considered spinning it?

You can even build a DE + AC cake in the fuge…

1 Like

No not inline in the extraction process

I mean what kind of cartridge do I need to winterize? See several housings and bag filters but also seen mention of carbon cartridges.

Not much experience with lenticular. Just filter papers and Büchner funnels.

There are no “required”, you swap solvent, get it cold, and filter.

Staging your filtration is important.

What you chose to use is really based on scale & budget.

There’s a wide range of carbon impregnated cartridge-style filters. Lenticular filters are an example of a cartridge-style filter, but they are made with a depth-style of media, and there’s a large surface area, so they can often retain more carbon than some other styles of filters, but may also be more expensive per cartridge than other filters. This is usually more than made up for in their throughput and effectiveness during use. In our experience at Ertel Alsop, lenticular filters tend to be the most effective method of decoloring when using immobilized carbon vs. loose or packed-column, which are definitely other options, but we see a lot of people prefer the lenticular filters since it’s much less of a mess to use compared to powders/granulars. Feel free to give me a call at 8457069140, or text. I work with Ertel Alsop, mentioned above! We offer skids and lenticular filters, as well as bags and cartridges/housings for all of that.