Design and build supply llc appreciation post

Hello beautiful people of future!

I just wanted to make an appreciation post for design and build supply (also known as dabs) llc! DABS is an equipment manufacturing company from Oregon.

I’ve bought quite a bit of equipment from the owner Kris. A 30 gal ethanol extractor, matching evaporation unit, heaters, chillers and his CRC column. Kris is an extractor turned equipment manufacturer and he knows how to build a highly efficient system and will help you with process design and flow.

When it comes to his crc unit, I’ve never operated a better column. I’ve ran one some dude made out of screen gaskets and a 5 micron sintered disc (awful), the BVV crc unit and the dabs unit. Dabs design flows much more smoothly than any other I’ve ran and is jacketed to control the temperature while operating (which really comes in handy if you have an ice clog) the speeds are also unmatched. You can hardly tell there’s a difference in flow vs running without it. It also comes with two meta sight glass(npt threaded) so you can see the flow rate and color going into the crc and out. I believe iron fist and dabs is working out a deal where iron fist sells his crc with their units.

When it comes to closed loop design, dabs also kills it. You name your needs and he designs it with ease. Even when it comes to doing 200+ lbs a shift of biomass using butane/propane.

The best part? Very fair prices.

You need to give him a shout if you’re expanding your lab!

2 Likes

Also, idk why there’s a Dwight meme and solvent list screenshot in my uploaded pictures but whatever, enjoy the meme and feel free to hmu for solvent

4 Likes

How much is shipping on 4x1gal Isopropyl? Assuming it isn’t available locally in Portland

What’s the filtration staged like on their crc?And those tri clamp column mounts are sweet.

Do they have a website?

An order that small would be kind of tough to make worth it since it ships out of Cali. Last time I checked with my guy a barrel of iso was like 350-400 and shipping to Eugene to an oak harbor freight will call terminal was around 150

I’m not sure about the website but he’s largely active on Facebook. You can find their page there or find “Kris krumble” on Facebook and he will get you laced up

Filtration is a 1 micron sintered disc and a filter paper, can’t remember the filter paper micron off the top of my head

Thank you for the appreciation!
Just so everybody knows that system was still being set up, it was not that messy when I was finished :joy:

And yeah we sell a lot of our filters, we believe they’re step above the rest.

If Anybody has any questions about them for me feel free to ask!
My name is Kris Krumble and I’m the owner of Design And Build Supply

4 Likes

Its a 1 µm plate on top and bottom of the media column

1 Like