Denatured Ethanol with n-heptane

Dm me on excise tax free food grade ethanol I’ll clue you in

6 Likes

here I was thinkin I beat the system :slight_smile:

Do yourself a favor and read the SDS on denatured ethanol. Forget what it does to you the producer… think about what it does to your customers.

SDS - denatured ethanol

2 Likes

yeah no.

that is not the SDS for CDA12

aka Heptane denatured Ethanol.

try https://greenfield.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/11/CDA-12A-1-200-Proof.pdf

4 Likes

Lol

You could still use that to extract, and you can fully pure and distill and yield a safe product.

How do you winterize that co2 extracted oil mr co2 shill?

5 Likes

Also the dangers of using denatured ethanol is as follows.

If the mixture is considered and proven pure.

The alcohol sorta affects your skin.

The heptane itself with attack your skin, and penetrate into the under layers, same with hexane and pentane…your blood stream will move the absorbed solvents from your tissue to your liver and organs Wich will filter it out.

There has been cases in chemical handling of such solvents where people encountered liver failure. Mostly from exposure and not wearing elbow high gloves. These are sorta the earnings from OSHA and others.

When we talk about solvents with foriegn isomers and similar (s) non purified solvents present this danger is much higher as hepatne’s will cost your skin and tissue much more agressive than n heptane etc…the cheaper the solvent you are using the more dangerous it is to use and remove residuals at the end of your process.

1 Like

But you can put a price on ppe and ventilation. Then using denatured is very cost effective.

Now you sound like hempcutt/ uber thick/ and all the other vit E slingers

1 Like

That shit goes into an end product for consumption. Tell me how heptane will remain in a distilled product? Defending your ego is childish when someone asks for valuable information.

1 Like

I dunno

Coming from a culinary background, I ONLY use food grade etoh. So its 250/5gal ve 150/5 gal.

Its peanuts now a days. 100.00 for the use of NON-denatured etoh is well with in my budget.

4 Likes

More power to you and im not knocking your choices. But when you lose a barrel a day or more to evaporation alone it adds up.

If your etoh is evaporating, your not sealing it or doing something wrong.

I only loose etoh (albeit mininal) when I’m doing washes and gets stuck in the biomass after spinning in my panda. If I use 35 gallons, I’m only loosing 1.5gallons on average.

Solvent loss is inevitable. Scale up and all numbers just get bigger.

4 Likes

Use the good stuff & ask the feds for your excise tax back?

it is a thing…

https://www.ttb.gov/applications/manufacturer_nonbeverage_products_packet.shtml

Edit: above link broken. still a thing though.

Heptane can be removed in the distillation process as I mentioned. You should re-read what I said prior to responding. Thank you.

To further answer your question there are principle “by products” that remain with heptane(s) or similar isomer solvents and those can be slight silicone like from further processing stations and pack down processes.

So by enmase by far cheaper chemicals risk of having all this present and in the distillate when it carries over minescule amounts etc.

I mean it’s science. Don’t get mad at me. Smarter people than me or you figured this out long ago. I’m just repeating some of the safety concerns and known cheap suppliers who have encountered this with customers and I’m not talking like one or two times, I mean regularly.

2 Likes

Thats a creative solution.

I dont want to get into discussing contaminated solvents since the same can be said for any of them(I drink water I distill). Denatured does not necessitate products that will carry thru further refinement processes is my point.

And further, food grade doesn’t necessarily mean pure. Been to the grocery store lately?

Correct if each composed chemical is absolutely pure.

1 Like

There are shady biz practices in every industry. My only point is denatured is fine compared to equivalent taxed etoh.

I like both.