Delta Separations CUP

In my experience, any pressing of material I did caused it to pull more fats/waxes than it typically does. This is purely anecdotal and I don’t have any literature to backup this claim.

If you winterize, it does not make a difference. It just doesn’t work for me since I don’t winterize my cryo etoh extractions.

1 Like

did some of the math over in the Washing Machine "Salad Spinner" tek - #45 by cyclopath thread.

then I got actual measurements on the CUP.
basket is 13.75in in diameter, or ~174mm radius.

so at 900rpm, the max g’s the biomass is seeing is about 160.
at 1200rpm its closer to 280

1 Like

Well the new cup v2.0 spins at 1800 rpm. I just went over and talked to them about it. This shortens the spin speed also due to that this new one doesn’t have a ramp up time. Goes 0 to 1800 instantly. So you can do 4 runs an hour instead.

1 Like

bet it doesn’t get there instantly :slight_smile:

just has a single step on the interface (salesmen…)

at-least now we understand the price difference.

at 630 g’s it’s probably still less aggressive than the Panda. Although I don’t have a solid diameter on that yet.

2 Likes

Panda is 9.5 inches in diameter. I have it, didn’t check, thought i had 1200 rpm version. So that was a fun thing to find out.

So Panda comes in 3200 or 1200rpm?

and now CUP comes in 1200 or 1800.

3 Likes
  1. Must have misread when i bought it, says 3200 on the back.

Almost seems like having a few Pandas with fitted bags is the way to go to minimize solvent loss. May have to buya few more and give it a test.

1 Like

if you can get it past the regulators in your jurisdiction, or don’t care what the man has to say :slight_smile: it sounds like a decent plan.

Certainly waaay cheaper while you’re in “wild west” mode…

3 Likes

Im curious as to why there aren’t compliant centrifuges in bulk. There is certainly a demand for it. The one you linked previously is $30k, which seems steep for something so simple.

at $15k used I didn’t even bother asking those guys how much they wanted.

without class 1 div 2 it wasn’t a realistic option here. our city permitting troll is a royal pain.

4 Likes

Do you have any knowledge on approval for certified labs? Im tempted to design a centrifuge and get it approved. Could be something this industry is lacking.

2 Likes

They exist for 20k. Pinnacle has one. If you can get it done for cheaper, do it.

1 Like

link or it didn’t happen :slight_smile:

electronics will need to be potted. Motor will need to be sealed and probably DC brushless to get your speed control (although PWM will work).you will need an engineer willing to sign off on it. not sure PSI (folks used by Precision and a couple of others) will work.

Once upon a time I figured I could hack one together for about $10k assuming I did all the fab work. I’d have to get better at tig, and I would have sourced used parts. Would have cost me another $10k for engineer sign-off I reckon.

I guess it didn’t happen then. I was waiting for them to send me that quote, but I’ve only got it over the phone and i can’t find any links on their page.

Oh Bother!

It’s basically a bunch of stacked membrane filters, using pressure instead of vac by pumping the liquid through. Automation can be nice, but can you automate cleaning? Much better than huge buchners, but still a lot of cleaning and maintenance. My experience was with a different sticky product, so maybe spent plant matter and kief is not so bad to just spray off though.

For EtOH soak I just squeeze it out in a mesh bag, call it good enough. Spinning it off sounds really nice, but if you need something air powered, filter press could be the way.

Btw, what size filter did they give you? 30 inch, triple stack lenticular? I’m trying to figure out if a inline 10 inch single stack would be usable instead of a 10 inch ss buchner.

Give is a strong word :slight_smile:

single stack. I imagine it would improve your process flow.

I found adding a 24" snorkle between sight glass and vent gives operator time (2-3 sec?) to avoid throwing cannabionds on the ground every time.

2 Likes