Delta 8 viscosity at temperature

Has anyone done viscosity tests on delta8 distillate? I’m curious how hot it has to get to be free flowing.

1 Like

about tree fiddy degrees (60 celsibus)

3 Likes

It’s preddy thicc

I’ve taken it, heated up a fair amount - not too fast the ramping is important as to not damage the product or the equipment of course, the mixture has to be agitated somehow but more so stirred…
stirred up say 820g in a 1000ml beaker
It took a long time to heat up

820g delta 8 distillate on a hotplate with a stirrer

The thing with magnetic stirring is that it warms up the bottom more so the heat has to move up through the thicker stuff first, then as it progresses it has to warm up the top, so if there’s any residual solvents with thick stuff the glass can explode.

So I used a thermometer to take temperatures of the oil as it stirred up, and set up some toothpicks to drop a little bit of oil and see how big a splat it made on a piece of paper if I dropped it from say 10 feet in the air 5 feet, or 2 feet etc etc

If you want, I can send you photocopies of the splats of oil on the graph paper and how much height they were dropped from, and the temperature

The next test I was gonna try is seeing how far I can squirt the oil at various temps through a nozzle-

I’m wondering if mixing this stuff with gasoline would make for some amazing.
Amazing napalm.

1 Like

Well that was fun! Thanks @Rowanfor that artistic little passage on splats and squirts…

@Lenny if the product is 85+ TAC it should be very viscous. Stable enough that it takes 5-10 minutes for a bubble move through the jar from top to bottom when flipped upside down.

There should not be any solvent in distillate.

Please do not mix with gasoline for any reason. Napalm is not a toy

2 Likes

With d8 at room temp, that bubble’s still gonna be in the same spot tomorrow :joy:

12 Likes

At boiling water temperature, D8 is about the same viscosity as 30 wt motor oil.
At room temperature it is so solid that it is barely sticky.
It takes a 25-30% terpene cut to make it flowable enough for carts in a cool climate.
IMO, the long term effects of D8 are unknown and I’m not sure iy is as safe as D9.
It seems to affect short term memory more and longer than D8 for me.
Caution is advised.

3 Likes

Ya you guys are right about that stability with high potency D8…I misspoke earlier

Here is a flip test with 80%+ TAC D8

And this picture is 90%+ and it ain’t moving at all!

2 Likes

I’m less interested in Napalm and moreso looking into recreating the lost art of Greek Fire.

You can boil bones and urine in a sealed vessel to yield calcium phosphide, which ignites on contact with water- seems like a nifty thing to remember for the fallout

2 Likes

Bones and urine now you got my attention

1 Like

Thanks for all the information. My goal is to shoot thru a hot glue sprayer with a min amount of terps

Hot Glue Sprayer?
I’m not sure I really want to know.

2 Likes

He wants to spray down hemp flower with D8

This reminds me of the time I deboned a whole chicken, kept the bones and skin, and then replaced all the lean meat with carefully carved pork loin which was then fused back together with transglutaminase (meat glue) and staples to hold the form.

5 Likes

Why??

1 Like

General tip for heating distillate evenly: Use the microwave on the spin platter. Game changer.

2 Likes

Low power too @2terps_roji imo I usually set it between 20 to 40% power

Do you really need to ask?

I appreciate you for being completely, completely unhinged. Never change lol

3 Likes

I appreciate that.

I am not unhinged however-
eclectic, perhaps.

Unhinged implies that I’m not functional.

I function just fine.

2 Likes

I’ve got some shitty d8 and gasoline, plenty of sketchy vacant testing grounds up here in North Portland

1 Like