Delta-8 Sublingual

Hello Delta-8 enthusiasts,

I have been making d8 disty and dabs for a while now, I am curious if anyone here has tried it as a sublingual. I made a few 2000mg tinctures and I have had mixed testimonials… “giggly high, spins at 3am, felt like I ate an edible for the first time… etc.”

LMK if anyone has tried sublingual D8

I have been taking it for the past few months. It varies from night to night. I have done 4, 6, and 8 drops just to see how it would effect me. Sometimes I feel high others nothing. It really is a toss up.

4 Likes

How many milligrams are you taking in these drops? I didn’t feel much from 20mg orally, but at 60mg I was definitely feeling something.

3 Likes

What are you using for a carrier?

MCT,

2 Likes

Sample labels I am playing with, serving size is listed. I am doing 2 full 1ml droppers, effects are sleepy but with strong head high, may try in morning and track results.

That’s a ton of MCT that’s just going to float around under their tongue. Not going to be a very effective sublingual since they’re just going to be swallowing it instead.

2 Likes

2ml of mct is quite a bit to keep sublingual. If you can condense that to 1ml/serving, that may he more manageable

1 Like

pretty basic MCT use for a 2000mg tinx, industry standard for other products I have compared…

mine is CBDa and Delta 8

3 Likes

It’s not going to have good absorption. Have you tried it yourself? It’s going to sit in your mouth until you decide to swallow it. That’s not absorbing sublingually, that’s ingesting it. It might be normal for the industry but that doesn’t make it right. This is totally fine if you want to make a tincture but not a sublingual tincture. For sublingual you need an emulsion/carrier.

5 Likes

I have used the same formula with similar results. I can do 6 drops and not feel anything but felt quite a bit on 4 drops another time. I talked to someone about that and they felt like that was a sign of an inadequate mixture process

1 Like

Yes this is a tincture. Please do not claim it is a sublingual.

1 Like

I was actually gonna tag you in this because of how effective your subliguals are xD

Arent they missing something to cross the layer of skin under the tongue or whatever?

Yeah there are a few layers that must be penetrated in the mouth for effective sublingual absorption, most of all there must be a sufficient amount of water soluble components to allow for transportation directly into the blood. The key is to temporarily disrupt the structure of the protective layer of skin preventing oils and stuff from transporting into the capillaries while not permanently disrupting it. That’s the fun part!!

7 Likes

Anyone interested in a sore throat? lol

pseudo-nomenclature, industry issues. Thanks for the clarification.

Working with another processing company to make water soluble at 100mg/g of water soluble powder.

1 Like

Don’t you mean D8 at a concentration of 100mg/ml of water?

1 Like

I believe she is talking about spray drying such a solution to yield a powder that can then be dissolved in a solution

2 Likes

Thank you, just messing around and learning, only a year into processing.

much love!

1 Like