Delta-8 License in California?

Hey Folks :wave: so I was doing my research this morning regarding the legality of Delta-8 in California, in specific manufacturing & distributing Delta-8 via Social Media, Websites, and in-person. The following article specifically states “ The new ban on delta-8 THC products being sold by businesses or manufacturers that are not licensed as marijuana retailers also moves to include any other potentially intoxicating compounds that may be derived from the cannabis plant.”

So my question is, what license is specifically needed to do what I want to do. Which is sell delta 8 cartidges to the public. It says “marijuana retailer” so I assume it is that? But I cannot be too sure.

Link to the article - https://www.eastbaytimes.com/2021/08/04/sponsored-delta-8-thc-state-regulations-set-to-begin/

I am not a new comer when it comes to manufacturing carts etc. but I am a newcomer when it comes to the legal side of it. If you get what I mean. I’m just trying to take a step in the right direction for what’s the best for my well being & my family. I hope this “call for help” doesn’t bug the reader lol… as I have seen a lot of people asking for help with a particular topic get turned down in a heartbeat.

1 Like

Im no expert. But it would seem to mean that you need to be a licensed marijuana business to deal in delta8 in California. Sounds like its getting treated just like normal D9

4 Likes

So, would you think it’s similar to needing to have a Manufacturing & Distribution license just like you would have for the legal cannabis market?

2 Likes

Yes thats how it sounds.

3 Likes

I appreciate the help!

1 Like

California’s goal is to make sure the CBD being distributed in the state of Ca is clean and passed the CAT3 testing standards for consumption.

^^
:rofl: uhmmmmmmmm no.

2 Likes

Watch and see