Delta 8 legality in non medical/rec states

Ill just leave these here

There are atleast 2 exemptions that make any isomer of cbd except d9 legal

6 Likes

If that were a genuinely open loop-hole, then D9-THC (all THC isomers are CBD isomers) would be effectively legalized for trade and transport across the coterminous USA. I am not saying it is NOT a loophole… just that it’s probably a bad idea to use it with massive quantities of THC, at least without an exceptionally good attorney willing to take it all the way to a Supreme Court of the state!

5 Likes

Any issues selling your d8 yet?

And what is your defense against the assertation that any d8, regardless of source, is substantially similar to d9, and therefore a controlled substance?

1 Like

I’m no lawyer and don’t advocate for either side, but the only difference between the hemp derived d8 and ‘illegal’ d8 is documentation and proof. People selling all this d8 should have a QR code on the back that proves where it came from, otherwise one can only assume it was not hemp derived and therefore illegally obtained. A little website should come up telling of what farm, batch #, etc. or something of the sort of where it came from. There you can also link all the literature outlined in this thread.

My 2 cents if ur gonna sell it.

1 Like

I think the idea is because the analog act is part of the CSA and now hemp derived isomers aren’t under the CSA due to the wording of the farm bill the analog act doesn’t apply.

Here’s a legal opinion from the lawyer Rod Knight

5 Likes

Get the dea to send you the same letter, and I would be much more impressed. The footnotes are cut off. Can you see what he is citing in footnotes 6 and 7? If the new federal rules contain specific exemptions to the analogue act, then I am on board. But if not, then it seems like he is just guessing as to how courts would rule.

2 Likes

This letter wasn’t sent to me, just something I found in IG.

I’m not sure what was cited in footnotes 6 or 7 since I don’t have the full document and only what canna-aid posted on IG.

But yes I agree getting something like this from the dea would make me feel much better too.

1 Like

Hemp groups on FB and Reddit subs are blowing up. The horse is well and truly out of the barn at this point.

2 Likes

out of the barn yes, the question is, can it be barred from the track for doping :wink:

5 Likes

Very true. I think I was surprised to see the speed with which it all of a sudden took off.

2 Likes

Hey kratom is legal in most of the US some states banned it . It has potent narcotic effects its a all natural opiate in the coffee family . Its impossible to OD and die from usually unless mixed with other substances. You can get way higher from kratom than delta 8 . I think some states may ban or make illegal cause they want the extra $$$ or whatever but its impossible to overdose from yeah you get high but if you take too much delta 8 you will just get sick and not have a good time . Shit look at how fucked up you can get on ethanol and how regularly it kills people. Who knows maybe the medical benefits makes the states and feds want to keep it illegal

I feel like people give government employees too much credit when banning/allowing niche drugs and the like. Most people who have the ability to ban kratom don’t know it exists. And that’s doubly true for Delta 8. As soon as they find out that Delta 8 exists, then they’ll learn about THC isomers, and will ban all of those.

3 Likes

What are your guys thoughts on this?

They’re claiming the listed states have laws that make d8 illegal.

https://www.vapewholesupply.com/pages/is-delta-8-thc-legal

There’s links to the state laws further down on the page.

1 Like

Plot twist: The CBD people consume turns to delta 8 in the stomach after conversion with stomach acid. It was delta 8 all along

3 Likes

thats primarily based on 3 chis website. Really comes back to your lawyer own lawyer. Some will say these independent states have language that says d8 is illegal other lawyers will say no its legal throughout all 50.

3 Likes

This is my first post here, I am overwhelmed with all of the beneficial info I see on here. As you guys have seen reddit and a few other places are blowing up about D8, some of the new vendors are attempting to make a state by state guide for what it can and cannot be shipped to. Great community here from all that I have read so far.

2 Likes

There’s a study disproving this theory

2 Likes

good thing I’m not a doctor

stomach acid has HCl in it though yea? myth confirmed