Delta 8 in edibles - Consuming orally vs smoking/vaping

this was the first pass

second pass has not been sent in for cert analysis but my gas chromatogram reads as 80% thc, with a small peak of cbd and another smaller cbn peak

im still trying to tweak the chromatograph so that it gets good enough separation on the deltas as of right now either D9 has completely isomerized or its buried in the D8 peak

1 Like

You probably isomerized it

How big is your cbn peak? Does it give you a %?

it was 3-5% ish, still working on developing methods- I believe that it must be CBN because of how this came to be D8 in the first place… had a pot of distillate I was about to pass and had to turn the mantle and vac off as it was heating due to some stupid distraction- came back and the mantle had decided to keep heating and burned my disty pretty good, it was dark dark red- I decided to say screw it lets try to make d8 and see what happens, i had to heat and cool this whole batch so many times due to stupid mistakes and problems… not all the catalyst was mixed in when i pulled vac so the whole system blew black throughout, then i added ethanol to try to clear and clean it and the stuff was so thick it muffined up and blew past the head, then i transferred everything to a rotovap to strip the ethanol… then the d8 distillation took a longer time also due to a vac leak that kept everything around 70 microns so that may have actually helped the isomerization along due to longger residence time

it was a super painful experience but the end product is suuuper nice so im happy

6 Likes

5th report just came back saying the same as the last 4. You get high but the high is different, less intense, not psychoactive. Relaxed, tired, hungry

@rowan what amount (mg) are you consuming

all of my tests have been 150-300mg of that distillate linked above 60% d8/15%cbc

double the dose.

1 Like

I dont understand the difference between “high” and psychoactive.

I honestly havent been measuring very accurately I’ve just been nibbling smaller and smaller amounts, the first day was a “got some on my finger so might as well do the thing” and I was absolutely high from it.

Unless i’ve accidentally found the holy grail of cbd>D9… it is my opinion that D8 is very much a psychoactive compound, maybe a bit less intense dosage wise but hey… just take more right?

Well d8 and d9 thc go for the same price so if one is 30% less effective when consumed orally than it is a pretty huge deal to me as an edible maker. No one is going to pay me more because I had to use 30% more.

There is not much info on this so I am making it my duty to provide that info for future edible makers searching on google. With the conclusion thus far that is a weaker, different high than d9 even when consumed orally.

1 Like

charge 30% more its a rare pokemon.

7 Likes

From what I’ve seen around, some people definitely prefer D8, find it more medicinal, less potential side effects of d9 like anxiety, paranoia, etc.

6 Likes

So we made some delta 8 gummies. I doesed them at 50mg each as the potency is typically 50% that of d9 and i must say the gummies were amazing. Super sediative but with a really clear mind. They definitely were effective.

10 Likes

Does the oil have minors too or just D8?

Im dropping the sample off at the lab today. There is a small amount of d9 <.3% thc and a little cbn but nothing crazy. Maybe i should give out some free samples for everyone tontest and give feedback. How does that sound ?

9 Likes

yes theyre definitely reduced potency and different high

I wish I could go back and do the test with 600mg d8 vs 300mg d9 I feel like part of the reason there was such a difference is the reduced potency of the comparison

thanks for sharing

2 Likes

Honestly this is my third day of sampling these 50mg gummies. Day 1 i ate 100mg (2 x 50mg ) and that had me pretty couch locked and sedidated with out it being overly intense like d9 could be. Yesterday I took 50mg (2x 25mg ) and the effect was plesent relaxing. Today i took 50mg and its pretty amazing to be honest. My eyes always end upnfeeling super heavy after eating d8 and i get the munchies way more than d9. I would think this would help with people who have chemo and struggle with eating . We are making nano capsules too btw. I cant wait to see what this is like when nano.

7 Likes

I think a 50/50 with d9 would be nice or even 30d9/70d8

4 Likes

I think different combinations of d9/d8 are the way to go. 50/50, 70/30, etc. i can mix them for different times of the day. Because of the different feeling that d8 gives you, as opposes to d9 by itself. It will make your d9 last longer too, if that’s the desired outcome. I don’t understand why more people don’t see it as I do. I must say that I’ve never tried an edible with d8.

2 Likes

D8 is more for “daytime” for sure. Its not less effective in my mind. If you concentrate on the substance in a proper way you will understand. If you just want to get fucked up you will not. There is a time and place for everything.

3 Likes

D8 does what CBD claims to do. Incredible relaxation, appetite stimulant, mild psychoactivity. I freaking love it, especially when mixed with some d9.

9 Likes