Delta 3 THC?

Also known as 9(S)Δ6a,10aTHC (or 9(R)Δ6a,10aTHC), Delta 3 THC is an impurity/degredant of THC. Has anyone heard much about it/seen it?

There are analytical standards available for it, but not CRMs. https://www.caymanchem.com/product/26529/9(s)-δ6a%2C10a-thc

6 Likes

I’d like to know if its some of the makeup of unknowns after conversions. A guy told me it was supposed to be far more psychoactive than D9- and I have noticed some D8 distillates with low purity can often be very strong despite low percentages (70s anyway)

3 Likes

I have a feeling it might be… I too have had some distillates with low potency that were far stronger than expected

5 Likes

6a10a is made from d10
The synth is in the old literature

4 Likes

We see it in d8 distillate samples. Here’s a chromatogram from a typical sample we see it in.

11 Likes

Mystery dabs for science!

2 Likes

Thank you for the chrom! I’m super intrigued by that unknown peak… Could it be CBNA?

2 Likes

We’re intrigued too. It’s probably a THC isomer since that’s mass spec data.

2 Likes

Where does CBC usually come up on that graph?

1 Like

Love seeing these questions.

@nostrum The discussion on d6a10a being more psychoactive than d9 THC can be found but they’re very subjective. The information you’re probably thinking of is in reference to the d6a10a THC with a penta-heptyl tail is the most psychoactive of the 6a10a THC (d3) configurations tested. However the old masters seemed in disagreement if it really compared to d1 (d9). Here’s a clip of some old discussion

9 Likes

Have you checked if its the other d10 or 6a10a stereo isomer?

2 Likes

Interesting thanks for sharing

1 Like

Welcome to Future42k! :slight_smile: Interesting topic; thanks for bringing it up and starting a good discussion.

2 Likes

Have you seen alex siegel’s video on d10 synthetic byproducts, the +,+THC stereoisomer? he mentioned it’s not very easy to detect the stereoisomers using standard analytical equipment.

2 Likes

Have you looked at the boiling points of the d10 isomers? One has a 20 degree higher boiling point, that could mean its more stable and can be separated possibly by a standard column and method (if its truly more stable and not a misprint)

Also,

With an MS and the right column you can easily seperate chiral molecules and detect them

The alcohol analite you look for in urine when doing drug testing is chiral and you sepetate it with a special column

The MS can tell the difference too

Id be willing to bet @kcalabs can do it

My sample of d10 has both in it im 95% sure

I need to get that out to them

4 Likes

@Dr.stanky, CBC elutes to the right of d6a,10a.

@Kingofthekush420, as you know, we test for d10 as well, but we don’t see it nearly as often. Unfortunately, this method wasn’t designed to separate out stereoisomers. A chiral method is in the works.

6 Likes

Thank you sir!:+1:

1 Like

No, but I’m not talking about d10 stereoisomers, I’m referring to d9 stereoisomers. if you watched the vid (I’d highly recommend) you’d know that d9 to d10 is reversible, amd when it does revert to d9 it makes a 50/50 mix of (-) and (+) isomers of d9 which using normal analytical they cant resolve.