Delta 10 THC

Dealing with the CBC/D10 controversy, I would be very glad to get a hand on a “certified” d10 rich sample.

I use GC-FID, with a HP35MS column. The method I use is not that fast… I mainly analyse natural CBD product and quantify 10 different cannabinoids: CBD, CBDv, CBG, delta8THC, delta9THC, THCv, CBN, CBC, CBL, and exoTHC (this one is so far absent of natural stuff). With time, I have observed a series of trends in cannabinoids ratios in the CBD strains, pretty systematic, impacted by genetic and growth conditions… There are few other mysteries peak that are systematically here, I did not identify those so far, I guess there is CBT and the other THC isomers, also CBGv in CBG strains, perhaps some terpenes…

So far, I simply identified CBC based on one standards, and on various studies I read stating CBD plants produce a little bit of CBC. I observe that, if this is indeed CBC, in normally comes in the same proportions as delta9 THC in most current strains (indoor bred), slightly higher. Some rare outdoor strains, in specific conditions, gives much higher levels (upt to 5 times delta 9 THC amounts)… Delta 9 comes in proportions usually 20-32 times lower than CBD (rarely below), and delta8 at 1% the CBD level.

In natural CBD products, I usually observe a small peak next to CBC, badly separated but still distinguishable, which I attributed so far to delta 10 THC. Now that more and more engineered product (especially distillates and/or synthesis trials) comes into my hands, I observe contradicting trends regarding the CBC/d10 peak shape, and ratio regarding other THC isomers… I cannot tell who in this discussion is more right regarding possibility of CBC synthesis or not. I have no clear idea what is going on here, I would like to know more.

Thus I need to find some d10. Where is it ?

2 Likes

Where are you located?

Edit just read your in Switzerland

Yes, I’m in Switzerland.

Anyone can send me a powder sample for analyses, in order to know what is the CBD content of any mysterious isolate… :nerd_face:

1 Like

Should be making some delta 10 today!!!

Fingers crossed

9 Likes

Any ideas if these isomers are easily detectable on HPlC, I’m just now able to run my own project samples through my university, I’ve been using a aligent 1100 and have been seeing some pretty interesting stuff over the last 3 months, we’re hopefully going to get a super nice shimanzu gc running samples. Our biggest setback is how many standards we have due to being a university funding isn’t always easy.

1 Like

Which isomers? Define “detect”…

You have read the part where most (purhaps less these days) third party labs still haven’t wrapped their head around the concept that they’re not looking at CBC? THC Imposters (Isomers)

Yes, any of these isomers should run through the tubes. Yes, they absorb UV.

So yes, you can “detect” them in an hplc. It is “identifying” them that might give you problems…

3 Likes

I have 10 litres of 30% d10 if anyone’s interested. I screwed up a run on a short path and ended up with it somehow :man_shrugging:

1 Like

You might have had trim contaminated with fire retardant, not always your fault

6 Likes

Shh! Thou shalt not mention the catalyst. :joy:

4 Likes

I had a feeling that was it. I have no use for it it’s been sitting for months :man_facepalming:. Would like to get some money back for it

1 Like

Sounds like you’re in the right place lol

People trying their hardest and you do it on accident. I love it. I am sure somebody is interested, but how do you know the D10 number. A lot of places are still getting D10 standards put in place for testing.

2 Likes

The peak is similar to CBC but transformed slightly. Basically how all other D10 looks on a test. I seem to be very good at accidentally making shit people try hard to figure out. I accidentally made d8 years ago putting bleached earth in my flask trying to remove color. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Nice dude! You have some good intuition…

2 Likes

Yes, resolving and interpreting is where your going to run into some confusion with a simple HPLC.

If you’re really into analytics you can separate and resolve each stereoisomer of each delta isomer using ultraperformace convergence chromatography or even reverse-phase LC. And then you can fully elucidate your isomeric structure with NMR if you’re a slut for data.

Seperation of THC isomers.pdf
(789.8 KB)

6 Likes

Heres some delta 8 with delta 10

No wonder these liters are a little dark

1 Like

My litres came out great color :man_shrugging:. Crystallized In about a week.

Having a good intuition is also very expensive when you have litres testing at 8% because you converted it at all and the labs don’t test for it. Or when you accidentally make sauce and no one knows what it is and you lose all your terps to the parchment :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

30% d10 wouldnt crystallize on its own.

You got alot of other stuff in there if you have 30% d10 and 8% detectable cannabinoids

Those are different batches. Was just talking about in general. I’d have to relook at the batch test but I thought it was around 30%.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B42dEXGhOdA/?igshid=dbxl2dllxwot

Think my experiment might have worked to make d10

If it did I’ll open source the catalyst on here :wink:

8 Likes