Defoliating in the dark with a red light?

All of the best growers I have met (including myself) don’t claim to be the best😂 if you have that mentality thinking you know it all trust in statistics …you don’t

4 Likes

i always defoliate as soon as the lights come on. it lessens the stress on the girls and gives em a chance to store enough energy to make it through the next night

2 Likes

All growers have the mentality " im the best" and the breeders border on the “im god” too much…

A bunch or mechanics and pollen chuckers in the end… .

I much rather buy from a humble gardner that did his due diligence on secondary metabolite elicitation :joy::joy::joy:

Why would the plant react differently, other than her phosytnesis is stopped and suggars arent produced, hence the nutrient sap flow is stopped… Does that downregulate horomonal stress response in some way, due to the metabolic state being reduced?

I do concur that the distress and eustress is something that should be put under the looking glass.

But this is a complex metabolic response study we need to find in other plants probably…

1 Like

Tell your buddy to suck it up. I have a day job and do 60 per run. I spend a few hours each night by myself for about a week to get through them all. A week later I start doing it again. After the two big defols I just snip 3-6 leaves per plant, working in small sections during flower. The goal is to have few to no fans left by harvest. A few every 4 to 5 days off each plant doesn’t shock them.

4 Likes

Plants don’t give a fuck about your schedule - you work on theirs or your make boof. Simple as that

5 Likes