Defoliating in the dark with a red light?

I remember When I did film photography and the paper is sensitive but it’s not to red light I was thinking if you could replicate that light or what else is possible to defoliate in the dark cycle

TIA

Green LED, nothing too intense.

10 Likes

Yo man, educate yourself on the basics. Get a “grow bible” and read

https://www.amazon.com/Marijuana-Horticulture-Outdoor-Medical-Growers/dp/187882323X

5 Likes

Cmon bro hes got his crop drying he doesn’t need a grow bible he’s asking a decent question honestly

2 Likes

Not that it’s an unreasonable question but he’s thrown this and a bunch of other questions that are pretty basic stuff covered in damn near any book written about growing which should have been stop numero uno

10 Likes

Suck a man off, he nuts for a day. Teach a man how to get sucked off, he nuts forever.

16 Likes

Given that there is a books section In the data dump, I’m also of the opinion that “dude, READ!!!” is really the best advice.

Yep, handing “green not red” is cool, and has been accomplished (in under 60min based on time stamps)…but there is a lot more that clearly needs absorbed, and handing those bits out one at a time does @LordHashington no favors

he doesn’t know what he doesn’t know, and so can not ask about it till it bites him in the face.

I’m gonna leave finding or pointing at the books section or data dump for some other kind soul this time…

6 Likes

But 10 lbs per light! Crocs! Jungle boyz!

3 Likes

Yo I didn’t see the book sections and I put defoliation in the search engine and nothing came up I went on google and I heard the green light but I’m talking from experience with a red light. Trust me I’m trying not to post unless I can’t find it

Show me a great book that would solve all my FAQ

1 Like

You skipped past it to make this comment. @FicklePickle recommended it.

I know I got mine.

5 Likes

To my knowledge you cannot just use any light that is colored green. Years ago when I was reading up on it, a standard light that has been colored still emits a certain spectrum that you wouldn’t be wanting. A true green grow light is what I use. BUT!!! I do not use that light to work in my grow room. If I have to enter to do a quick check on a piece of equipment or because I forgot something in the room, cool. I would never leave the light on for more than a couple mins and never make it a habit. I never had a problem with the plants herming, but again, I didn’t ever use it to work by.

3 Likes

Woah

Even has color pages and colored images for the people like me who can’t read

3 Likes

READING NOW

4 Likes

You think I’d be able to understand it any other way?!?!

2 Likes

“Defoliating” as a search term isn’t gonna get you “red light /green light.” (Because: who does that in the dark?!?)

Any basic grow book will. You haz? Great!

Did you locate the books section in the data dump?

If so, post a damn link for the next person who lands here…

1 Like

You are extremely correct. The light spectrum can be compared to something like a radio spectrum. You may want to tune into 121.95mhz and listen to your favorite songs but 122.95mhz is a death church asking for all of your possessions and spouting weird religious shit - it just takes a small deviation and you’re not where ya wanna be anymore

2 Likes

They were using this book at the facility I built a while back

2 Likes

Let’s back up a bit.

Why you defoliating in the dark?

is your weed hanging already?!?

Imitating nocturnal herbivores during flowering might not be a horrible idea…

4 Likes

What benefits could this bring? My guess is increased trichome growth?

2 Likes