Decimal 20hx Hydrocarbon Extraction System. BZB killer?

Has anyone had any FaceTime with the new hydrocarbon extraction system from Decimal?

I saw it at MJBiz for a second.

I saw someone else talking about it on here a few weeks back.

320k for 40lbs an hour
Includes falling film, Huber 915 and CS200

Under 300 if you switch out the Huber for something more Jon Deere than Gucci

This seems to be a better system than the BZB medium live resin hexapod for a similar price tag

3 Likes

I like how it says 250lbs in 24 hours, then goes on to say 250lbs/8 hour shift.

1 Like

Damn what a shame to see a huber cs100 on it… no wonder they only quote 2lbs a min recovery rate. Im sure a better chiller would eaily up those number’s. Also whats the point of a ffe if i can hit those same numbers with a pot and still system.

1 Like

It sure is pretty! But will it compare performance wise? I can tell you right now some of these numbers don’t match up. I will say, they are beautiful machines. They could have at least tried to be a little original.

2lb per min for a falling film is slow. We average 2.5lbs per minute in our batch evaporator (50L collection vessel). Our falling film which has been in field for 4 years will hit 6-10 lbs per minute depending on how you are running it (slower at lower temps). Also they don’t have the same features that we offer.

Our Hexapod with chillers cost about 370 after tax and shipping. Thats with top of the line Huber 915 and cs100 chillers that are large enough to handle the next size up.
Capacities are 100-140lbs of fresh frozen and 60-100lbs with some clients achieving 120lbs of cured material in an 8-10 hour shift. These numbers are pulled from what our clients are doing on them in the field. We have Over 300 machines in the wild! There are some clients that can do more but I like to be conservative when quoting capacities.

Our systems are modular to grow with your needs. If you have a bottleneck in your run style, it is easy to elevate by adding the modules you need.

Don’t forget we offer a GLG discount on top of our standard discount! Must close 30 days after receiving your formal quote!

Hit us up for a quote!
Kyle@bizzybee.com
(206) 818-1059

7 Likes

The Cs100 is actually a great chiller for recovery. We use them on our falling film and can achieve speeds much faster than 2lbs per minute.

2 Likes

Looks like it comes with an 815 and not an 915. Huge difference in capacities.

2 Likes

CS200

What would you put on it

The quote I had for 320k had the 915 on it amd was the 20hx this spec sheet is for the 15hx

1 Like

Ultracool 50 has 25.2 kW @ -10 C which is more power than the CS200 at a lower price.

3 Likes

FWIW, I’m fairly certain the 915 comes water-cooled only so you should consider in to account for the additional cooling requirement of its waterside heat rejection. (chillers chilling chillers, overall best to avoid)

3 Likes

That price is with the air cooled chiller to cool the 915. We offer other chillers as well that have air cooled options.

Other brands that we offer:
Lauda
Thermonics
Dimplex

2 Likes

They also have an outdoor air cooled version of the 915 as well!

2 Likes

A cs100 is what i use for recovery at the moment, but at 7.7kw of chilling at -10c theres a lot better options out there as you know.

Chilling isn’t the bottle neck of recovery for us at least. It’s surface area on the hot side. Thats where the FFE comes into play. More surface are on the hot side.

Like NLP pointed out, there are other options that might be a better bang for your buck. People generally pick hubers for 2 reasons. Warranty and lead time. Lauda is a great option that can be 20-30% cheaper and they come with a 2 year warranty. They do have some units in stock that compare with the huber units I listed above.

6 Likes

North slope chillers/Ag Chill is another fantastic option for air cooled chillers!!

6 Likes

This is exactly why I put a spray nozzel on my collection!

10 Likes

I friggin love it!

2 Likes

Does the surge tank hold the juice and pre heat it and dose it out to the falling film evaporator?

Lol this is just MRX attempt at hydrocarbon? I’m surprised their still in business after trying to sell fake dimple jacketed vessels for c02. Never understood that.

4 Likes

I think they were dimple insulated not dimple jacketed on the MRX