Decarb theories, and questions

It’s fucking cannabis. Nobody uses terms they found elsewhere correctly and you know it…

The chemists in the room equate “crashed” with “precipitated”, with no size or clarity limitations on how it precipitates/crystallizes.

16 Likes

That’s absolutely beautiful, this explains some stuff that was happening. I took a dab of that stuff off some Budder I copped and it slapped harder than the original concentrate and had a dank stank, when I was most obviously given a botanically overpowered dab by a coworker. So, what if I just kept decarbing, cooling, reheating, then pouring off the top stuff? Doesn’t overexpose anything, only thing ik is the heat and oxygen slightly messing the terps. Another idea is just take the top half then decarb the stuff on the bottom for dab mixes like r** gr*** do.

My bad, just wanted to be sure that what an extractor here told me was correct. As like you said theres a lot of definitions and they get me lost 90% of the time. Im getting better at memorizing them after i write them down.

I’d suggest that “writing down & remembering” would be most useful if done over at wikijane, but alas our class clowns figured they’ed have some fun instead…

3 Likes

No I didnt try to have fun. I confused a word for meaning something different.

I appreciate the correction too, my memory is bad so it takes me some time to memorize things like this without having a fuck up

I was referring to the deliberate defacing of the wiki. You’re not copping to that are you?

Then you are not the clown(s) to which I was referring…

3 Likes

I just started messing around with CBD live resin carts this week. Is there a possibility of THC spiking over the legal limit due to decarbing? Or even half decarbing? I search on here and couldn’t find the answer. My goal is to cut as little as possible and not use botanicals or disty at all. I’m cool with cutting them with more hemp terps because of the flavor and quality though. Any help would be appreciated.

Depends if you (or the AHJ) consider 5% THCA “compliant” or not.

Even if you do, essentially any decarb will take you over 0.3% THC.

Many would argue it was not compliant to begin with (depends on where you are).

1 Like

hey community, having an issue with some decarbed live resin for carts, our lab has been making this product for the past 6 months or so without issue. We extract at cold temperatures ( -45 C) and all of a sudden I am starting to see the jars cloud up the day after decarbing. From first look it appears it could be fats/waxes/lipids but figure the cold temps should hold all the undesirables back, but after heating a couple jars they clear up which makes me think the culprit could be the fats/waxes/lipids. Here are some photos of the cloudy extract and heated clear extract.

…and what happens when you let them cool again?

they start to get hazy within hours and cloud up the following day

1 Like

The jars clouded/solidified after 1 day as i suspected

1 Like

What temp are you decarbing at internally

between 240-250F

1 Like

How long are you decarbing for?

What strain(s)?

1 Like

Do you have analytics to show decarb level?

1 Like

I was thinking it might be incomplete decarb too. At least have to eliminate that as a possibility

4 Likes

dependent on strain ive come to find, some only need 1-2 hours, some longer, haven’t had any of our carts crash out over time

You need to leave headspace for the co2 to go to. Those jars are way too full

2 Likes