Decarb or not Decarb to do carts

Hi! i made this slab and I want take 3 grams to vape carts, I always fulldecarb to prevent crystallization/clog but I end with a darkness color. I read a lot of people saying decarb to vapecarts its not necessary ando a lot of people with the opposite, decarb its mandatory

I want try low temp, maybe 170F 35 minutes to get lighter color but with none crystallization, what do you think? any advices? I will do this on a hotplate with a magnetic stirrer

Thank you

1 Like

What are you suspending the concentrate inside of?

1 Like

You need to decarb for way longer than that definitely. Decarb until it stops bubbling

1 Like

U can actually stop prior to that to retain Terps. There’s a fine line u need to get the thca % under before itll hender crystallizing

2 Likes

Read this … its your best method when starting with shatter imho

2 Likes

What % roughly has worked for you to keep it from crashing? I’ve been doing only distillate carts but I’m about to make some BHO carts in the next couple days

1 Like

That’s a million dollar question

Tbh I just have sweet spot where I stop before it’s done bubbling. Maybe from adding the natural terps that came off the plant I’m not sure. I just know I can stop early then add the terps I poured off back. Heat it to 150-170f for filling them.

I haven’t had any crash back yet but I also would not consider these to have long shelf life. I’m sure if they set long enough the thca will gather up esp if they get hot any

It seems like there’s a fine line that u can get under with the thca vs thc/terps that will allow it to stay liquid and not crash out

I’ve been playing but I don’t know how to set the variables to even get a starting point of thca % that way I can give an answer

Makes sense, i made a few from shatter but fully decarbed it and they hit great with no crashing but I like your technique, pulling it just before it’s done decarbing makes a lot of sense so you don’t loose any cannabinoid %

Best way is to centrifuge the terps off. Then decarb the dry sugar. In this case I wouldn’t mind letting it fully decarb

Makes sense on centrifuging the terps off. I’m dewaxing the BHO extract i have atm in ethanol so i can decarb it and mix it with terps for carts

1 Like

What is a centrifuge? What is a good brand to buy for small scale (lb of live resin a month)? Not finding anything searching.

2 Likes
7 Likes