DEBATE: CLS ETS MeP Temps.

Me and myself associate have differences in our techs but both are producing similar end results.

I run the fuel line coil at -70f
extraction pots at -15c
Collection pot 38f
Vac oven never above 100f

He runs fuel -40
Extraction 10c
Collection pot 35f
Vac oven 115f

I say lower temps all around minus collection pot close to close to boil temp of solvent.

I say colder the better cause you want to keep the gas a liquid and the columns as cold as possible as to strip anything you don’t need.

As far as the oven temp goes the end result is shatter but he insist on 115f. Hotter and shorter.

If anyone can break it down in a scientific manner to show which temps are best it would be appreciated.

Which gases are you using at these temps? It also depends on the material you are running. I personally like not going over 100F in the vac oven unless it calls for it. Who gets the better yield? Are you guys testing potency and terpenes, as well as final weight and looks?

If he can get a better yield with similar end product, then he is probably producing faster than you because of his temps. Your material column temp could go up a little if the solvent is that cold, 0 or 10F is fine. Unless you are N2 assisting it out, its going to be harder to get rid of the last bit of solvent.

Honestly whatever results in the best end product should be the goal, and only analytics will tell you exactly whats happening. Who gets more terps and higher potency, who wins the yield, who is faster? Run similar material for a week and compare.

5 Likes

We’re running 70/30 blend propane heavy. Have not tested yet but in the process. I get better yields and have yet to auto budder. A majority of his at a certain points have started to auto budder. My way takes longer but all my slabs have been stable and non have sugared.

1 Like

115f in the oven is way high unless it’s a crazy stable batch, if you throw in a slab that’s not super stable it will sugar out pretty quick. I’d say warm up oven @95f, put slabs in after pour let them warm up, pull vac if the bubbles move fast you can stay at that temperature, or lower a bit, it means slabs are not going to be stable and should be whipped into a soft badder, (in which a lot of people prefer over shatter) if bubbles don’t break @95f raise the temp until you get them to slowly pop. Sometimes it’s hard to get every bubble out, that’s when you pop the good old heat gun out, as long as the bubbles are near the top of the slab they should pop fairly easily. @TightHouseCreative

4 Likes

120f with a nitro sweep while pulling vac, flip @12 hrs, nitro sweep to half vac for 12 hrs, done. Wicked every time.

The trick is allowing the slab to come to a uniform temperature before pulling vac. This could take upwards of an hour.

1 Like