De-waxing vs C.R.C

Hey guys new to extraction and was talking with some other people. Are dewaxing and C.R.C the same thing?

not the same thing at all. Dewaxing is removing the fats and lipids from your solution, CRC is removing color from your solution.

Dewax = remove wax
CRC = color remediation cartridge

4 Likes

Thank you. Thats what i was telling him, but he swore he was right because hes been smoking a long time.

3 Likes

ha has he actually been processing or just thinks he knows how to process because he’s been consuming for a while? :rofl:

5 Likes

Nope. Dewaxing is a loosely defined term meaning either extraction was performed in a chilled spool or the extract passed through a chilled spool and then passed over a filter to trap waxes and higher melting point compounds. Color is kept in check by increased solvent selectivity at lower temps.
CRC is a method of further removing unwanted compounds through adsorption. It uses a combination of medias to target unwanted compounds and requires some understanding of how and what they will remove to get the most out of them. Tons of info about crc on here.

4 Likes

Fun stuff to play with. T5 leaves red/Orange hues it seems. Happy Halloween!

1 Like

You use t5 alone maybe?

2 Likes

T5, celite 545. Wanted “Halloween” dabs

2 Likes

Might try green and red for christmas. Gonna try to oxidize the material first to make it super red and fresh plant material for green

Adding a lil carbon into the mix will make the red brighter…dewaxing will pull the dark glow out making it
a bright glow…so carbon makes the oranges bright, t5 makes the yellows bright, dewaxing will make it glow bright colors…got some pink ready for breast cancer awareness month

5 Likes

I got some trim machine trim from some fire ass deadhead of and it turned out greenish…
Wet trim, or chop up a bunch fresh, then dry it and extract it and the clorophyll will come thru…not that I’d want a green extract, shit just get red and green jars or parchment

2 Likes

Heck yea! Thanks guys. Any activated carbon better than the rest? Or is it all pretty much the same junk, just made sure its food grade?