DavidB GoFundMe for funeral costs and scholarship

23 Likes

24 Likes

17 Likes

I hate to be the one to say it, but if he is 90% burned… He has well over 100% chance of death…

(Age) + (% burned 2ed and 3rd) = % chance your dead

A 50 yo with 50% 3rd degree = 100% death

This should be a lesson for a few of you guys. Doubble, tripple check critical process…

17 Likes

At scale it doesn’t matter when hydrogenation fails or other processes.

It takes one leak. Mistake. Or anything and boom.

@RockSteady said it best. One foot in and one foot in another ln. Chemist have no winning. Cancer will take you even if you do it perfect for 50 years.

26 Likes

That’s a fucked up way to go to work… Your only strong as your weakest wook. That be scary AF working in a HUGE lab like that…

8 Likes

Dude

The kid prided himself on tossing lit cigarette butts into vats filled with methanolic waste, whilist citing the flash point of said waste and the average temps of burning tobacco embers and whatever the synthetic filters were made of- all in one breath- the guy didn’t have a single fearful bone in his body.

He was a cocksure chem Fueled maniac, he knew it too- thats why we got along- something went sideways somewhere along the rails we all collectively went off- im angry at myself for a lot of poor choices i made back when i still had a
Half a chance to right the ghost ship we were piloting, cruising along over this shitty chop-water…

22 Likes

David was a Savage, through N through

And he would want everyone here to remember him as such.

17 Likes

my thoughts exactly

1 Like

10 Likes

This sucks :confused:

3 Likes

I remember meeting you guys that night for the first time

8 Likes

This is awful to hear. So sad and not fair.

12 Likes

A sad day for sure. He had a great energy and mind.

6 Likes

This is how I will always remember him.

RIP buddy I hope youre up there right now talking with Shulgin himself

4 Likes

A buddy of mine had his facility nearby.

:pensive:

3 Likes

Wow :cry: this is big time sad

6 Likes

Im burning one in his honor.

6 Likes

Same. :triumph:

2 Likes

Do you want me to edit something?