Data tracking app for hash makers... beta is live and looking for your feedback

Hey everyone! We posted a while back about the data tracking app we’re working on for hash makers. We made a bunch of changes based off of your feedback and super appreciative to everyone who shared insights with us. We just launched our public beta and have a very simple version for you guys to poke around.

If anyone is doing any washing/pressing soon would love to get your thoughts and prioritize next features/updated to release.

Can sign up for free here: https://app.hashy.so/

Use a phone for best experience, we’re mobile only for now

hashyrunthrough

6 Likes

Got a crop comin down on the 20th, I’ll give it a spin :fist:t3: Thanks, excited to see how it works

3 Likes

After doing a dry run with your app I am loving the interface. Super smooth. I’ve been working on my own data tracking forms for technicians and have several suggestions. I’ll DM you OP

5 Likes

This is super cool. Reminds me of the Nugsmasher App but yours looks a bit smoother (haven’t tried it yet)

2 Likes

They definitely have some cool stuff when it comes to the community aspect/sharing. We’re working on link sharing for 7/10.

What do you guys think about being able to create groups and share batch data privately right in the app with others? Maybe useful for teams or cultivators to peer in?

4 Likes

What software or platform did you use to build it?

1 Like

We built everything from scratch using react and postgreSQL for the database. And as with most software projects our first version was too complicated and took us a lot longer than expected. this new version is a lot slicker especially when it comes to overall batch organization and storage.

excited to get cranking on some of the more innovative features we’ve been waiting for the right timing on for larger labs

4 Likes

Love the concept but who has access to data I input into the app?

1 Like

Right now just you and everything is stored on encrypted servers. We can only see basic data like batches created, how many completed to provide your analytics

We are working on features that will let you share/compare anonymized data with others if you choose to

1 Like

Hey guys happy 7/10

We added encrypted photo uploads if you want to attach reference pics to batches

4 Likes

7/12 Update

Been getting a few questions about security so we made a quick post explaining more in detail

• All data is encrypted and private to your account
  • Batch data is anonymized so we don’t have specific gentic info
  • We have no plans to sell user data, it’s entirely detrimental to our business model
  • We’d rather charge hash makers directly to make the best private analytics software possible

We also improved a few things with the photos on batches

Full post on IG

Adding batch photo on Hashy

3 Likes

Fantastic! Is there an option to run offline or to download your data?

…if you’ve gone this far, consider a little yellow Canary on the about page that disappears after a lawful request is received, sitewide one time use.

Not a serious request.

Right now no offline mode but we are adding CSV exports for your data in one of the next updates

2 Likes

Yes we’ll certainly be adding something like this. PM and let’s discuss

1 Like

7/20 Update

We added support for pressing flower. Lots of people like to pretend it doesn’t exist but we’re here for all of the experimentation.

Next, we’re launching a new onboarding experience and will be working on support for desktop coming up shortly.

Any feature requests?

Flower rosin walkthrough
flower_rosin_demo_AdobeExpress

1 Like

I feel like without Metrc integration this ends up being tons of manual entry so effectively you’re double entering lots of data. Once for the app and then once for Metrc. I don’t see many adopting this until that happens

1 Like

That makes sense. We are approved for METRC API, so we’re going to dedicate resources to adding integrations in the future.

A few users have said that just having an optimized spreadsheet would still streamline METRC data entry, so I’m curious what you think? Would that mitigate some of the double entry stuff if you had a clean spreadsheet you could upload directly? Or at least something as a starting point?

2 Likes

Ultimately optional integration into Biotrack and METRC is unavoidable

But it’s gotta be something that works for the operators and technicians. Something intuitive and truncated to save time in the lab. I know I hated having hours of METRC entries to catch up on…

Most 3rd party offerings (with compliance integration) don’t cater to the manufacturers and technicians. It’s nice to see something that does for a change

3 Likes

Being able to upload a spreadsheet with data into the app will save a lot of time. Many businesses are using spreadsheets for production tracking and inventory so they would just have to import into the app.

Would save tons of time as the manual entry would get tedious especially when also entering data for Metrc or similar, although

There are a few things that come to mind that could improve the current web UI to make entering data for the inputs a better on a phone. I think a mobile build for iOS and Android is inevitable for mass adoption.

@addictedtohash Let’s chat in DM

Edited to make concise

1 Like