DATA REQUEST #1 - Decarb - USDA Comments

One of the areas we can approach is the 0.877 THCA conversion rate when used to calculate Total THC.

If you’ve got paired COAs (via hplc preferably) of predecarb extract and postdecarb extract (before & after), it would be greatly appreciated.

This data will be used to support or refute the 0.877 ‘theoretical’ conversion in lieu of your actual conversion rate yields (likely ~0.65-0.75).

In order for this to be effective we’re going to need data from as many different processors as possible. Data needs to come in complete pdfs for data integrity, but it will be anonymized prior to inclusion in the letter.

Thanks for your help on this one!

6 Likes

Noob question and clarification. Some Labs decarb biomass before extract. You need a sample of biomass before and after oven decarb? Or they implying they want data after biomass extraction (crude oil) than another sample after this gets decarbed. I would think this would be difficult to obtain Bc nobody i think checked these numbers. You had any luck on this so far?

Yes. Just specify if it’s biomass or extract that was decarbed. Goal is to show test results upstream and downstream of decarb, irrespective of whether the decarb occurred pre extraction or post extraction. Thanks!

Time will tell. :sweat_smile:

I think the only way this could be found is by labs stepping on here and send off samples to the analysis labs for these numbers. I doubt anybody has done this before. I have a controlled study article from research gate that gives exact temperatures and times for effective decarb. I’ll be emailing you this and check yours now I’ve sent that other info to you.

1 Like