Dark color full spectrum

Greetings to all

We are back, we had problems with some narcos that took our equipment but we are already well. We are doing QWET and going through celite, carbon and clay. But after evaporating the oil turns black, any suggestion idea what is going on? we want full spectrum oil

1 Like

When you heat up an extract, it darkens a bit.

Post up a pic and some more info

1 Like

The oil should be a light to dark amber before decarb and will turn darker during decarb. Do you have a picture of a filled cart?

This is the color we get on the final decarbed oil.

Full Spectrum EtOH Cart

3 Likes

If you are not doing your extraction at -40 or below your end product will be darker in bulk. What is the end use?Vape carts? If you remove a gram and smear out on some parchment paper what does it look like?

2 Likes

This is the color we get at final decarb

we use active carbon
celite
bleaching clay
what more data do you refers?

The final end is vap carts,but the color is dark red, and keeps getting dark in the vaps

What is that dark chunky stuff in there?

2 Likes

That looks like the issue

it’s a little bentonite that leaked from the filter

brah dont decarb with any sediment in there, making your color worst and god knows what else.
what micro filter are you using?

I found that redness is usually a PH issue.
Are you doing cold soaks or warm?

1 Like

Oxidation also makes the red

Bits of stuff is no bueno. Faulty filter stack, etc.

Does it clump up at room temp, cool, freezer cold, warm, hot?

2 Likes

Is the starting biomass old? Maybe that is playing a bit in the initial extraction

I’ve gotten that red color from the carbon, I read somewhere that carbon doesn’t pick up whatever is causing that red color so it comes through more after the scrub. Doing brine washes At varying ph will help pull the red out if you have that capability

1 Like

My filter is 11* µm size, this was made with warm ethanol. i will check the pH maybe thats the problem

Get a sintered disk or more and finer filter papers

this was in room temp, but i notice something like gelatine form after two days in the freezer, like a little points

I watch that in some old extracts, with more scrub carbon, more red become, i need changue my brand carb

i will try more and fine filters (disk is no available here) did you recomend a specific size?

Start with your 11 um, then do a 5-6 um, then do a 1-3 um, then another 1-3 um. Make sure you’re seating the filters in the plate properly or you will get bypass. Having these multiple stages of filters will allow you to see if there is any blowby and you can adjust and correct your techniques as necessary.

1 Like