D9 disty or Converted disty? Post CoAs and we will help you identify the source

2 degrees? I’m out. Lmk when you’re in florida. I’ll take an Alaskan cruise. Fuck the roadz

3 Likes

Sorry, I misunderstood.

Do you mean how can you look at a sample in person and tell that it’s converted?

Sorry not necessarily that… I’m being vague not on purpose, but more because I don’t know how to articulate what I want to say.
I know that looking at it isn’t enough. Would it be a safe bet to assume the product has been distilled given the numbers, or are the numbers low enough to be undistilled crude? That’s what I’m more afraid of right now. Distillation purifies to some degree. I’m just trying to (by looking at the COA) figure out if it’s actually been distilled, or if it’s just a crude.
Sorry, like I said I’m having trouble articulating what I wan to say…

Not way without serious skills, without a real result.

Okay, got you. In general a nice CBD crude will be around 65% max CBD in my experience, after decarb. Gonna put out some more anecdotes here that seem to fit the data we’ve seen.

A conversion like this is usually not going to yield 100%. Assume 90% or worse. Based on that and a cbd isolate starting potency of max 90%, your max d8 potency is 81%. Converting from crude would still be 60% THC’s

Start by adding up the CBD, THC, CBC, and CBN. If that number is over 75% it’s probably converted from crystal cbd.

If it’s 60-70% I’d guess it’s converted from distillate and redistilled

50-60% could be from mother liquor, crude, etc

8 Likes

EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks! I’ve never run, or even thought about running these reactions. I’ve read on them, and know what it is used etc. But I’ve never known what the numbers tell. But now knowing that a CBD crude wouldn’t be at more than 65% total potency, and with the numbers you gave me I now know (or have a better idea) what they mean as far as the product itself, and how it was made

2 Likes

Altitude is a horrible lab from my experience, I have coas of compliant d8 from them that’s really 6% d9

Just use kca.

I’ll pay for you and @Capttripppp tests at @kcalabs with MS for the fuck of it you’ll get a full report with the sample talking about the unknowns

That coa is something else, can’t believe they’d put acidic cannabinoids into a distillate coa

I’m assuming you’re going to test the disty we were talking about thismorning? @Capttripppp

3 Likes

@Kingofthekush420 will get u a wider panel coa go w him

2 Likes

And the more and more I think about it the 3grand i was supposed to get for filing i took 400ml of d8 bulll hock worth 500 bucks

Someone help me make my avatar angery

2 Likes

“Show me your war face”

3 Likes

I’d be interested in getting some stuff tested as well

Anyone know where to get tests in WA without a 502? Pretty sure I’m sitting on some conversions

Super easy to tell if a liter was converted if you put that oil under vac with some heat and read a vacuum gauge. Pop some in a SPD and it will tell you even more. 99% of the time the conversion wasn’t done by a skilled technician, and they almost always blow thru the distillation, leaving a bit of catalyst behind. Most of the time these catalyst present themselves with stupid vapor pressures when vaporized. Ive encountered HCL many times and couldn’t pull body over with less than 1700 microns. There are usually no colored impurities to battle, so you cannot judge by color alone. Water clear conversions still have the same issue.

2 Likes

anyone have thoughts on these coas i got myself? the ones that were sent for their respective oils came with tac at over 90 and d9 over 90 as well (which is what ive been looking for)

the first one
A-oil-cannaboids

deff wasnt satisfied with the potency but it was fully clean on pests. could this be a conversion though? the oil was moreso clear and had almost no distillate taste (which i actually liked) not sure if that had to do with anything

the second one
B-oil-cannaboids
B-oil-pest

this one tested higher on d9 and tac, but traces of Bifenthrin, Malathion, Myclobutanil, Permethrin, and Piperonyl Butoxide came up, and im assuming those aren’t safe lvls

the third one
C-oil-cannaboids

C-oil-pest

not as potent as the second one but still higher than the first. according to the lab the cannaboids on these made them believe it was regular d9, and the only different cannaboid on this COA vs the second one is that there isnt any trace of CBL on the second oil (just what im noting) Also wasnt completely clean with traces of Bifenazate and Pyrethrin that again im assuming arent safe

any insight would be appreciated

Look like natural d9, given the very low d8 content. You should still ask @kcalabs about presence of iso-thcs and exo-thc, which are definitely fingerprints of (semi)synthetics.

2 Likes

I’m not sure which Sample IDs these are, but the second sample we showed no iso-THC or exo-THC, so I assume it is naturally extracted D9.

2 Likes

thanks for the reply. to verify, by second sample did you mean this one?

B-oil-cannaboids

this coa didnt include exo or iso thc.

1 Like

No, the other one where we reported ND for those analytes.

got you, what do you guys think of that second coa, i got the same tests ran for them all but only last one (the one you guys mentioned) has the exo/iso thc readings

I don’t know. Call the lab and give me the Sample IDs, so I know what I’m looking at. Happy to talk about it, just like we discuss results with clients every day.

4 Likes