D8 thca

That’s awesome. Perfect solution.

2 Likes

Even in dead of summer here in Michigan, all my grow is in the basement of my building. ONLY my ac gets exhausted out of the basement. All other air is recycled in the basement, and NO ac for the basement. It’s never over 82* in my lung room. Never over 85* in the veg room.

Below ground is where it’s at.

5 Likes

How hot is the hottest days out there mid summer? Add in light index too. I’m telling y’all my exact location is a different beast.

It gets hot here. Not Arizona hot, but 90’s happens often. It’s still cool in the basement. If I didnt have a grow here, its normally 73* in the dead of summer.

Basements are underground, no direct sunlight.

We’ve had weeks in end it’s 145 during the day & still about 125-135 at night. The only place that rivals here is Death Valley with a similarity of 125. I’m not arguing basements are ideal or anything. I’m just saying the thermal geography would entail the depth for proper temps to be comfortable without needing the additional amenities. I’m sure one could do the underground cooling tubes & suffice but would it be worth it or more worth it to run a mini split with a trip controller & have your temps controlled 100%

Food for though, it takes minimum 14ton of ac to cool a 1200 sqft room within a 24ksqft building with 6ft of concrete & steel & insulation. Now multiply that by 24 rooms. The hvac out here is insane.

1 Like

That would be a funny set up.
But I don’t think the motor and sliding part will like such an asymmetric movement.

I think you should be perfectly fine with the flask rotation, some gas bubbling, plus a bunch of glass balls rolling in there. Then you wouldn’t even need that much rpm I believe.

2 Likes

Now if only we had mm size PTSA polymer beads…

1 Like

How about this gem from @DaKine on your roto reactor:

4 Likes

You could coat glass beads with molten ptsa. Im not sure if it will hold with frictions, stil. It may rather grind it as in a ball mill, also. Maybe not such a gold idea in fact.

More of a dig on poor glasswork then an actual working flask.

I have one like that I bought years ago I keep for an example of what to look for before buying glassware. :joy:

Trying to run something like that would chew up the rotary bearings inside quicker then shit.

But, I do like the glass beads idea as well! Should work like a dream, cut down on wear and tear, and just look cool as f**k running too.

1 Like

So I tried a rxn in this with a program vfd
Also did a solvent evap run on it
It works really wel yust a 300 L rotavape
That’s super easy to clean

14 Likes

I wanna see this thing in action sheesh

5 Likes

p.s. It’s called swinging bucket dist. head. Well known to seasoned distillers :wink:
Costs just shy of a grand on 45/50 scale.

3 Likes

Gonna make this into some d8 thca

Should be fun!

As always I’ll get test results from kca

6 Likes

Pentane?

3 Likes

This was crashed in heptane

2 Likes

your easter egg tech and your hotwheels barbie edition lambo have no place here.

1 Like

Gotta try this.

1 Like

Looks like Demetrius lmfao

4 Likes

What acid and temps you running? Amazing work man hands down for the progress !

Isent this possible with like less acidic catalyst ? Like zeolite or other alternatives ?